Springtime means nicer weather, greener landscapes, longer days, and better moods from just about everyone you meet. For the incorrigible punsters among us, it also means having lots of material to work with. In fact, you might say the spring season offers fertile ground for wordplay.
If you have any doubts about that, just take a look at the following list of spring puns. These puns feature birds, flowers, gardening, and all the other things that spring to mind when you think of this time of year.
- How do you tell someone winter is over?
You spring it on them!
- Why does Foghorn Leghorn take it slow when April rolls around?
Because he’s no spring chicken!
- After a long March, April always puts a little spring in my step.
- What do you call it when you get mugged on the vernal equinox?
The first robbin’ of spring!
- Why did Batman’s sidekick move to Homer Simpson’s town?
He wanted to be the first Robin of Springfield!
- Evergreens might not mind winter, but for all the other trees, spring is a great re-leaf.
- How do you make February March?
You can’t, but April May!
- What do you get when you dump your Easter eggs on a hill?
A spring roll!
- This is the time of year when the bees first come out. Ah, the joys of sting.
- Does anything come after April A?
May B! (Maybe)
- They say March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. Ewe might say it leaves sheepishly.
- What’s the best time of year to break out the trampoline?
- Did you see that all the snow and ice is melting?
- What’s the best type of dog to hunt with in March, April, and May?
A Spring-er Spaniel!
- Why are bears especially cautious in March?
They’re trying to avoid spring-loaded traps!
- Why didn’t the newlyweds plant any flowers this spring?
They were too busy planting kisses!
- What do you call it when you brush off the winter snow for the last time?
A spring fling!
- Spring is the perfect time to turn over a new leaf.
- What do you call it when you lose control of your cleaning cart?
- Who does May like the best?
April Showers, because April Showers brings May flowers!
- What’s the best place for a young person to hear music in April and May?
A springs-teen concert!
- Why was the college student’s mattress uncomfortable?
Because he had a great spring break!
- Why did April stand up to December?
To prove she was no spring chicken!
- What did the florist say when it was springtime?
Business is blooming!
- What’s the freshest herb you can find in April?
- Should you plant flowers in any month besides April?
May as well!
- What did the first thunderstorm of the year say?
Hail to the spring!
Think that’s all the puns about spring we can possibly muster? Not even close. Spring has so much pun-tential that we’ve broken out separate articles on Easter eggs, bunnies, flowers, and of course those ever-popular peeps.