How do you say “Happy Birthday” to someone special? By telling them how much they mean to you, of course. After all, a birthday is the anniversary of someone’s birth, making it the perfect time to reflect on how lucky you are to have that person in your life.
That’s especially true when the birthday boy or girl is a romantic partner. Whether it’s a wife, husband, boyfriend, or girlfriend, you want to make sure your significant other feels loved on his or her name day. To that end, here’s a list of romantic birthday wishes designed to make your beloved’s heart go pitter-patter.
Note: You may need to tweak some of these birthday messages to match your relationship status and/or your partner’s gender. But for the most part, the sentiments are written in the universal language of love.
- It’s your birthday, but I’m the one who should be celebrating the most. My favorite person in the world was born on this day.
- I’m so glad you came into the world, and I’m even more glad you came into my world. Happy Birthday, sweetheart.
- Your smile is cause for celebration. Your love is the most precious gift in the world. Your kisses could light a thousand birthday candles. Happy Birthday to someone who makes life itself feel like a special occasion.
- One day a year isn’t enough to celebrate someone as special as you.
- Happy Birthday to a [man/lady] who is the frosting on my cake, the flame on my candles, and the helium in my balloon.
- There’s a birthday party in my pants, and you’re the guest of honor.
- I wanted to give you all my love for your birthday, but there’s no box big enough to hold it. Besides, it’s already yours.
- Happy Birthday to someone who’s twice as sweet as any birthday cake.
- You make every day feel like my birthday, except I don’t need to blow out any candles because my wish already came true.
- Were you really born on this day? Or did you just fly down from heaven as the beautiful angel you are?
- Thank you God, for making such a perfect [man/girl] for me, and then leading me to [her/him].
- I love you on your birthday, and every day, now and forever.
- You’re something special, birthday [boy/girl]. I wouldn’t mind growing old with you.
- I didn’t know what to get you for your birthday. How about my whole heart?
- I hope you blow out all your candles, because I’m ready to make your wish come true tonight.
- Your life began on this day. My life began the day I met you. I’m so glad both days happened. Happy Birthday, darling.
- I know you have enough breath to blow out your candles, because you take mine away every day.
- Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday, my dearest,
I will always love you!
- Happy Birthday to God’s greatest creation. As far as I’m concerned, you’re perfect in every way.
- Happy Birthday, baby. Trust me when I say there’s no other [man/woman] I’d rather see in [his/her] birthday suit.
- You can blow out your candles, but nothing can extinguish the torch I carry for you.
- Happy Birthday to my best friend, my greatest critic, my fiercest supporter, my accomplice, my soulmate, my love, my everything.
- I wish I could somehow love you even more on your birthday, but I’m all tapped out. You already have every last bit of my heart.
- Happy Birthday, my love. I’ll be thinking about you every minute on your birthday. Just like every other day.
- I like the idea of spending your birthday with you. What are you doing for all the rest of your birthdays?
- Every year with you just gets better and better. Happy Birthday to someone who thoroughly rocks my world.
- Even though we’re miles apart, you’re on my mind and in my heart. For your next birthday, I hope to have you in my arms as well.
- Happy Birthday, my love. I hope you get everything your heart desires, because that’s exactly what you’ve given me.
- Thanks for being born, sweetie. You make the world a better place, and you make my world complete.
- Happy Birthday to a [man/woman] who makes me happy every day.
- I want your birthday kiss to be the best ever. We might have to “practice” a lot to get it right.
- I’ll say the same thing to you now that I’ll say to you when you turn 100: You are the love of my life.
- The question isn’t whether you’re the most wonderful [man/woman] ever born (you are). The question is, what did I ever do to deserve you?
Need more wording ideas? If you’re looking for something you can write in your sweetheart’s birthday card, or send in a text, check out this list of short messages.