You don’t have to be a raging narcissist to wish yourself a Happy Birthday. Hey, you’re excited about your big day – who can blame you for that? Plus, it’s a way to invite people to celebrate with you, express gratitude for all the blessings in your life, and perhaps, share a little humor about getting older.
Whatever your reason for sending out an “it’s my birthday” message, make sure you do it in style. Here are some birthday wishes for yourself that are perfect for status updates, text messages, emails, and the like. Consider them our birthday present to you.
Here are some messages that tell everyone how excited you are that it’s your birthday.
- If I appear to be in a great mood today, do not be alarmed. It’s my birthday!
- Let me be the first to wish me a Happy Birthday today.
- It’s my birthday, and I’ve never felt more lucky to be alive. Can’t wait to see what the next year of my life has in store for me!
- Tonight, we gonna party like it’s my birthday… because it is!
- I’m turning one year older today, and I’ve never felt more grateful for the gift of life. Happy Birthday to me!
- Happy Birthday to me! I have a feeling this is going to be an amazing day.
- Today is my birthday! My life may not have turned out exactly as I planned, but all in all, I’m one lucky [guy/gal].
- Today, I look like a monkey and smell like one too. Yep, it’s my birthday!
- I have a strange craving for heavily frosted sheet cake. It must be my birthday.
- Today is going to be awesome, for it is my birthday.
- It’s my birthday! Yay me!
- Happy 24th Birthday to me! I know it’s not one of the big milestones, but I’m getting drunk anyway.
- It’s my birthday today! The past year has been amazing, and I have a feeling the coming year is going to be even better.
- Happy Birthday to me! It’s been a long road (don’t ask how long!), but I’m proud of the person I’ve become, and grateful for the life I have. Every day is a blessing, but this day is extra-special.
- Happy Birthday to my greatest ally and worst enemy. In other words, Happy Birthday to myself.
- It’s my birthday! Now… who gets to buy me the first drink?
- Happy Birthday to the weirdest [guy/chick] I know… me!
Here are some messages giving people advanced notice of your big day.
- My birthday is exactly one week from today. That means you still have time to get free shipping on my present!
- My birthday is tomorrow. Just sayin’.
- Tomorrow is my birthday and I’m already stupid with excitement!
- I’m starting my birthday celebrations a day early. Because, you know, one day a year isn’t enough to celebrate someone as awesome as me.
- Birthday celebrations for yours truly commence in 24 hours. You have been warned.
- My birthday is tomorrow, y’all! Clear your calendar and come party with me!
Full of Yourself
For a hilariously self-centered birthday wish to yourself, try one of these tongue-in-cheek messages.
- On this day, a queen was born. Happy Birthday to me!
- It’s my birthday, bitches. Bow down.
- Happy Birthday to the person I admire most, myself.
- It’s my birthday! Thanks in advance for all the wonderful things you people are going to do for me today!
- Happy Birthday to me! Yes, it is my birthday, and I will now accept your gifts.
- It’s my birthday today, everyone. Please try to contain yourselves. I will accept everyone’s presents and birthday wishes in due time.
- Happy Birthday to a smart, funny, talented, and all-around amazing person! You probably guessed by now that I’m talking about myself. Happy Birthday, me!
- Happy Birthday to that lovely creature who stares back at me when I look in the mirror each day.
- Today, I am a little older, a little wiser, and a lot better looking. It’s my birthday, people!
- I’m feeling a little more diva-ish than usual today. Must be because it’s my freaking birthday!
- Can you feel it? There’s something special in the air. Oh yes… it’s my birthday!
- If I were a self-absorbed narcissist, I would probably announce to everyone that today is my birthday. I’m not, but it is.
- Before you come to me with your problems today, keep in mind that it’s my birthday, mmkay?
- If I seem extra-fabulous today, it’s because it’s my birthday. Happy Birthday to moi!
Just Plain Funny
Here are some humorous “Happy Birthday to me” messages, most of which are about getting older.
- It’s my birthday today! Just a friendly reminder that spanking and pinching are forms of sexual harassment.
- When you get so old that you can no longer remember how old you are… well, it’s probably for the best.
- Happy Birthday to me! And don’t you dare ask how old I am!
- I’m one year older today. However, you won’t be surprised to learn that my mental age (14) remains the same.
- It’s my birthday today. Just thought you all should know in case you see me weeping quietly in a corner.
- Today, I will be going around town collecting all the free stuff that I can. That’s right, people – it’s my birthday!
- Just wanted to wish myself a wonderful birthday today. I also sent myself a nice birthday card that was supposed to arrive today, but unfortunately it came back Return to Sender.
- Today is my 29th birthday! That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!
- It’s my birthday today! And let me just say, if you’re going to guess my age, you better aim low!
- My birthday has snuck up on me again. Somebody please stop the years from going by so fast!
- It’s my birthday today! I’m not exactly thrilled to be turning a year older, but it sure beats the alternative!
- I’m not getting old, I’m getting more distinguished-looking.
- I’m not getting old, I’m getting wiser.
- I’m not getting old, I’m getting… ah, screw it, I’m getting old. 🙁
If you’re looking for a message to send out after your big day, check out these ways to say thank you for all the birthday wishes.
- 50 Sparkling Ways to Wish People a Happy December - November 5, 2023
- Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas! 50 Glittery Greetings - October 30, 2023
- Happy Thanksgiving, Dad! 31 Warm and Funny Greetings - October 25, 2023