If you believe what you read in greeting cards, Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year. It might also be the most romantic (sorry, Valentine’s Day). That’s certainly true if you go by the number of sappy made-for-television holiday movies, or birth statistics, which show that December 25 is prime time for baby making.
One way to keep the love flowing at Christmastime is to send your partner a romantic holiday themed message. And what exactly should the message say? Well, that depends on the feelings you want to express and what sort of reaction you want to get out of your sweetheart.
For more ideas than you can shake a candy cane at, check out the following list of romantic holiday greetings. These Christmasy sweet nothings come in a variety of styles, and are perfect for sharing in a greeting card or text message for that special someone.
To start, here are some warm and tender Christmas messages for a lover.
- Every time I wake up next to you, I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. Merry Christmas, my love.
- Thinking of you makes me light up like a Christmas tree. Must be that sparkling personality of yours. Merry Christmas, sweetheart.
- Being with you makes the holidays even more magical. Merry Christmas to the love of my life.
- My days are merry and bright when I’m with you – and not just at Christmas, but all the year through. Merry Christmas, my love.
- Your love is the greatest gift I have ever received. Merry Christmas to my best friend and the love of my life.
Here are a few humorous holiday wishes to put a smile on your partner’s face.
- You’re just like a candy cane: sweet and a little twisted! Merry Christmas!
- Merry Christmas, my love. I can’t wait to spend some alone time with you, and I sure hope Santa Claus isn’t watching!
- I look at you the way Santa looks at cookies – I just can’t get enough! Merry Christmas, my love!
- I love you more than Buddy the Elf loves Santa. Merry Christmas, sweetie.
- What did the lonely ram say on Christmas Eve? All I want for Christmas is ewe! Just a little sheepish humor for you, my love. Merry Christmas!
Next up are some flirty messages to knock your lover’s socks off (and if you’re lucky, other articles of clothing as well).
- You even make ugly sweaters look good. Merry Christmas, my love.
- I’m not just kissing you under the mistletoe. I’m kissing you everywhere. Merry Christmas, baby.
- Merry Christmas to my wonderful lover. Let’s figure out some new and creative ways to get ourselves on the Naughty List this year.
- You can ring my Christmas bell anytime. Merry Christmas, gorgeous.
- Forget the presents – I just want to unwrap you for Christmas.
Here are some Christmas wishes designed specifically for a girlfriend, wife, or whatever you call your female partner.
- You’re the Clarice to my Rudolph. Merry Christmas, my love.
- Merry Christmas to the cutest little elf I ever saw.
- You’re more dazzling than any Christmas tree, and I get to look at you all year long. Merry Christmas, beautiful.
- Merry Christmas to my beautiful lady. I didn’t think I could possibly love you any more, but every year my feelings just keep growing.
- Christmas lights might be pretty, but I can’t take my eyes off you. Merry Christmas, beautiful.
Finally, here are a few holiday greetings specifically for a male partner. For more options, check out these Christmas wishes for a boyfriend.
- Merry Christmas, handsome. See you under the mistletoe!
- I’m so lucky I have you to keep me warm on cold winter nights. Merry Christmas to my amazing man.
- I melt like a snowflake when I’m in your arms. Merry Christmas to my sweet man.
- There’s no one I’d rather cuddle up with on Christmas Eve, or wake up next to on Christmas morning. Merry Christmas to my amazing guy.
- It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and I get to spend it with the most wonderful guy ever. Merry Christmas, my love.
Your sweetheart isn’t the only person who deserves a unique greeting at Christmastime. We also have heartfelt holiday wishes for Mom and Dad.
- 40+ Ways to Say Happy Father’s Day to a Brother-in-Law - May 22, 2023
- Let’s Say Happy Father’s Day to All the Dads Out There - May 20, 2023
- Top 50 Long Distance Relationship Quotes of All Time - May 16, 2023