Of all the goodies that make the rounds at Christmastime – and there are always plenty of them – the candy cane is the one that most represents the holiday season. The reasons for this are part of candy cane history and lore. However, it’s obvious that it has at least something to do with the fact that these striped num nums hang so nicely on a Christmas tree.
In addition to serving as edible ornaments, candy canes also present some sweet opportunities for festive wordplay. Here’s an assortment of candy cane sayings you can use for captions, crafts, gift tags, or just your own personal enjoyment. Hey, whatever it takes to get your jollies at Christmastime.
Here are some some short candy cane messages that are ideal for captions and crafts. Naturally, these include candy cane puns of various stripes.
- Like a candy cane, you’re sweet and a little twisted.
- No cane, no gain.
- I’m here to kick butt and take canes.
- This should come in candy.
- Catch me if you cane.
- Christmas is in the air. Cane you feel it?
- Hook me up with something sweet.
- Christmas really stripes a chord with me.
- Let’s stick together.
- I’m hooked on you.
- Let’s hang sometime.
- We were mint to be.
- Just playing hooky.
- Yes We Cane
- I wanna hook up with you.
- Are you a candy cane? Because you have some sweet curves.
- I love how Christmas brings together people of all stripes.
- I’m doing the best I cane.
- On a cold December day, I just want to cuddle up with a good hook.
- No judge-mint!
- I’ve gotten myself into a sticky situation.
- If you don’t like the taste of a candy cane, just stick with it.
- Hooked on Christmas.
- Short and sweet.
- Feeling cane-tankerous.
Longer Quotes and Sayings
Here are some longer quotes and sayings about candy canes.
- Some people like Christmas cookies, but I’m hooked on candy canes.
- Why couldn’t the boy figure out how to consume a candy cane?
Because he didn’t have a lick of sense!
- “We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.”
From the movie Elf
- Hope your Christmas is full of more sweet surprises than you can shake a candy cane at.
- How did the candy shop owner feel when he got a batch of candy canes with no white on them?
It had him seeing red!
- I have my Christmas shopping licked. I got everyone candy canes.
- What do you do with a gingerbread man who keeps falling over?
Give him a candy cane!
- What’s the best music to listen to while eating a candy cane?
Anything by the White Stripes!
- Candy canes remind us to stick to it, even when life throws us a curve.
- What happened when the gingerbread man fought the candy cane man?
He gave him a good licking!
- How did the candy maker get the privilege of producing candy canes?
By earning his stripes!
- Why is it so hard to make candy canes?
Because it’s mint-ally draining!
Here are some cute candy cane messages to accompany a gift, whether it’s for a friend, neighbor, coworker, or whoever else is on your Nice List.
- Cane you believe it? It’s Christmastime again!
- Wishing you a December full of candy cane wishes and mistletoe kisses.
- You’ve earned your stripes this Christmas!
- Hope your holiday season is sweet.
- I don’t know about you, but Christmas always makes me feel like raising some cane.
- This little gift may not be much, but at least it’s in mint condition!
- Sweetest wishes for a wonderful Christmas.
- Hope your Christmas is off the hook.
- 50 Extra-Merry Christmas Wishes For a Special Niece - November 20, 2023
- 50 Sparkling Ways to Wish People a Happy December - November 5, 2023
- Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas! 50 Glittery Greetings - October 30, 2023