Of all the goodies that make the rounds at Christmastime – and there are always plenty of them – the candy cane is the one that most represents the holiday season. The reasons for this are part of candy cane history and lore. However, it’s obvious that it has at least something to do with the fact that these striped num nums hang so nicely on a Christmas tree.
In addition to serving as edible ornaments, candy canes also present some sweet opportunities for festive wordplay. Here’s an assortment of candy cane sayings you can use for gift tags, social media captions, crafts, or just your own personal enjoyment. Hey, whatever it takes to get your jollies at Christmastime.
Gifts For Anyone
Here are some cute messages to attach to a Christmas gift, whether it’s for a friend, neighbor, coworker, or whoever else is on your Nice list.
- Cane you believe it? It’s Christmastime again!
- Wishing you a December full of candy cane wishes and mistletoe kisses.
- You’ve earned your stripes this Christmas!
- Hope your holiday season is sweet.
- I don’t know about you, but Christmas always makes me feel like raising some cane.
- This little gift may not be much, but at least it’s in mint condition!
- Sweetest wishes for a wonderful Christmas.
If you’re not set on giving candy canes, you can find more clever ideas in this list of candy bar sayings.
Gifts For Someone Special
Here are some candy cane messages for a good friend, boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, etc.
- I’m hooked on you.
- You remind me of a candy cane – sweet and a little twisted!
- Let’s hang sometime.
- We were mint to be.
- I wanna hook up with you.
- Are you a candy cane? Because you have some sweet curves.
- Let’s stick together.
Quotes and Sayings
Here are some miscellaneous quotes and sayings about candy canes, including some awful candy cane puns (perfect for Instagram captions).
- I have my Christmas shopping licked. I got candy canes for everyone.
- Some people like Christmas cookies, but I’m hooked on candy canes.
- “We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.”
From the movie Elf
- What do you do with a Gingerbread Man that keeps falling over? Give him a candy cane!
- Yes We Cane
- What’s the best music to listen to while eating a candy cane? Anything by the White Stripes!
- Candy canes remind us to stick to it, even when life throws us a curve.
For more ideas along these lines, see our list of Christmas puns.
Candy Cane Poem About Jesus
Looking for a message that reminds people of the true reason for the season? Here’s a poem that turns the humble candy cane into a symbol of Jesus. The author of this well-known poem is unknown.
- Look at the Candy Cane,
What do you see?
Stripes that are red,
Like the blood shed for me,
White is for my Savior,
Who’s sinless and pure,
“J” is for Jesus my Lord – that’s for sure!
Turn it around,
And a staff you will see,
Jesus my shepherd,
Was born for me!
Of course, candy canes aren’t the only yummy treats you can send people around the holidays. Cookies also make great gifts, especially with one of these delectable puns attached.