Christmas is a time to renew connections with family and friends. Fortunately, it doesn’t take much to spread a little holiday cheer and let someone know you’re thinking about them. A few simple words – whether delivered in a greeting card, social media post, or text message – can do the job.
That being said, keeping a Christmas message concise can sometimes be a challenge. To help you overcome that challenge, here are some short Christmas greetings that pack a yuletide wallop. Best of all, we’ve divided them into separate sections so you can quickly find the perfect succinct Christmas wish.
When it doubt, go with a classic. These short and sweet Christmas wishes capture the spirit of the holidays.
- Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Best Wishes to you and yours.
- May your holidays be wreathed in joy.
- Wishing you all the wonder and joy of a child on Christmas morning.
- From our family to yours, have a magical, marvelous, and merry Christmas!
- May you have a December to remember.
- It’s time to fall in love with Christmas all over again.
- Christmas is in the air. Take time to breathe it in.
- As you open your presents, may you get wrapped up in the Christmas spirit.
- May the joy you find this Christmas follow you throughout the new year.
- Have the Merriest Christmas Ever.
- Have a sleighful of fun this holiday season.
- May peace, joy, and love find their way under your Christmas tree.
- This Christmas, may your heart be light and your stocking heavy.
Here are some Christmas messages that are on the corny side. For more whimsical wording ideas, you might want to check out these Christmas puns.
- May your Christmas be very merry, and your New Year super duper!
- Ho-Ho-Hope you have a holly jolly Christmas.
- Hope this holiday season sends you over the rainbow and under the mistletoe.
- Merry Christmas! Staying on the Nice List, I trust?
- Keep your nose and your chimney clean this Christmas season.
- All I want for Christmas is more friends like you.
- Thinking of you warms my heart on a cold December night.
- Remember to clean your chimney this Christmas, lest Santa find it un-soot-able.
- You make every day seem like Christmas.
They say brevity is the soul of wit. Here are some brief and witty holiday greetings to share with others. For more funny wording ideas, check out this article on funny things to write in a Christmas card.
- Enjoy this season of unbridled consumerism, nonsensical customs, and rampant overeating.
- Remember that Christmas is about more than presents. There are also cookies.
- Just a reminder that if you hear footsteps on your rooftop this Christmas… run, it’s Krampus!
- May you be at peace, at least until your next credit card statement.
- It’s Christmas, so watch out for falling reindeer poop.
- Pretty sure you’re landing on the Naughty List again.
- Knock the elf off the shelf and have some real fun this Christmas.
- I’m dreaming of a white Christmas, but I know I’ll be in red before it’s over.
- Hold onto your chestnuts – Christmas is almost here.
- Christmas comes but once a year, though the debts can last considerably longer.
Finally, here are some short Christmas messages for Christians. For lots more options, see our full list of religious Christmas messages.
- Remember the first Christmas, the ultimate gift to mankind.
- May God bless you this Christmas and throughout the New Year.
- Thank God for giving us Christmas and wonderful friends to share it with.
- Jesus was born on that special day, and continues to love us in every way.
- Enjoy the true gifts this Christmas – family, friends, and faith.
- Christmas may change, but for those of faith, its meaning remains stable.
- Jesus is the reason for the season.
Still looking for the perfect short Christmas greeting? For many more ideas, see our ultimate list of Christmas card sayings.