Christmas doesn’t just happen in December. For a great many people, it is December. The yuletide celebrations and preparations extend all through the month up until Christmas Day – sometimes even after, in the case of people who can’t be with loved ones on the big day.
All through December, holiday greetings are flying like early winter snowflakes on a breezy day. But before you start contemplating what to write in your Christmas cards, or how to wish everyone a Merry Christmas Eve, consider sending out a few words marking the start of this magical month.
For ideas on how to wish people a happy first day of December, check out the following list. It includes December greetings ranging from sweet and sincere, to downright funny. Send them out in a social media post, email, text message, or however you wish to send out your wishes for a Happy December.
Here are some heartfelt messages for a Happy December. If these sort of greetings are your thing, you might also be interested in these inspirational Christmas greetings.
- It’s the most wonderful month of the year. Happy December!
- Happy first day of December, everyone. May you enjoy the holiday season to the fullest.
- Happy December! If you don’t like the colder weather, just wrap yourself up in the Christmas spirit.
- Happy December, everyone! May your days be merry and bright.
- Hope you all make this a December to remember. Happy Holidays!
- It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Happy December!
- Wishing you a joyful December. May the Christmas spirit be with you the whole month through.
- Wishing you a magical, magnificent, and merry month of December!
- Happy first day of December! As the weather turns colder, may your hearts be warmed by thoughts of Christmas and time spent with loved ones.
- Have a glorious December and a wonderful holiday season.
- Baby, it’s cold outside. Happy December, everyone!
- Happy first day of December. Remember: It’s never too early to get in the Christmas spirit.
- Happy December, everybody! I hope your holiday season is full of peace, joy, and love.
- Have yourself a merry little month of December!
- Hello, snow. Hello, mistletoe. Hello, December!
- Christmas is in the air… it must be the first day of December!
- Happy December and Merry Christmas to all!
Here are a few lighthearted and humorous December greetings. If you like these, you might also appreciate these funny Christmas wishes.
- It’s the most wonderful time of the year. Not to mention the most expensive. Happy December!
- Happy December, everyone! Only 24 more shopping days until you’re completely broke!
- It’s December 1st, and my decision not to take down last year’s Christmas lights is finally paying off!
- Happy December, everyone! Feel free to send me my Christmas presents early – I don’t mind!
- Happy Decem-brrrr!
- It’s December, which means a joyous occasion is just around the corner. I’m talking about the end of this horrible year, of course!
- Happy December, everyone! Hope you all can stay off the Naughty List for a few more weeks!
- Break out your fat pants and ugly sweater – it’s December!
Finally, here are a handful of famous quotes about the month of December.
- “God gave us memory so that we might have roses in December.”
- “Chill December brings the sleet, Blazing fire, and Christmas treat.”
- “I heard a bird sing in the dark of December. A magical thing. And sweet to remember. We are nearer to Spring than we were in September. I heard a bird sing in the dark of December.”
- “December’s wintery breath is already clouding the pond, frosting the pane, obscuring summer’s memory…”
- “May and October, the best-smelling months? I’ll make a case for December: evergreen, frost, wood smoke, cinnamon.”
- “It is December, and nobody asked if I was ready.”