Christmas Eve isn’t just the night before Christmas. It has a unique identity, with traditions and an energy all its own. While many people spend a sleepy Christmas Day secluded with family, Christmas Eve is known for being busy, social, and – perhaps most of all – merry.
Christmas Eve may also be the last chance you get to see people for awhile, as friends, coworkers, and classmates spend the day traveling home for the holidays.
All this points to the need for a different type of holiday greeting than what you might find in the typical Christmas card. With that in mind, here are some ideas on how to wish the people in your life a Merry Christmas Eve. These messages are perfect for sharing via social media post, text, or however you prefer to spread some Christmas (Eve) spirit.
Here are some sweet and sincere Christmas Eve wishes. For more ideas along these lines, see this collection of inspirational Christmas sayings.
- It’s the most wonderful night of the year! Have a marvelously merry Christmas Eve!
- Merry Christmas Eve, everyone! Wherever you are and whatever you do, I hope your Christmas Eve is joyous.
- Merry Christmas Eve, all! Hope your stockings are all bursting in the morning (and not with coal).
- Happy Christmas Eve! Hope you have all your Christmas shopping done and can relax by the Christmas tree with a good, strong glass of eggnog.
- Merry Christmas, everyone – and keep your eyes on the sky!
- Wishing everyone a warm, relaxing Christmas Eve surrounded by loved ones. Happy Holidays, all!
- Santa Claus and his reindeer might be zooming around the planet right now, but I hope your Christmas Eve is considerably less stressful. Merry Christmas!
- May your Christmas Eve sparkle, and your Christmas Day shine.
- Welp, my stocking is hung by the chimney with care, so I just wanted to take this moment to wish everyone a Merry Christmas Eve. Happy Holidays, everyone!
- Have yourself a merry little Christmas Eve, folks.
If you’re looking to spread a little mirth, here are some humorous Christmas Eve greetings to share. For more laughs, see this list of funny Christmas wishes.
- Merry Christmas Eve! Hope everyone has a great time while Santa is too distracted to notice if you’ve been bad or good!
- ‘Twas the night before Christmas
And all through my house
Not a creature was sober
Especially my spouse!
- I have it on good authority that the Naughty List has been finalized. So live it up, people!
- It’s Christmas Eve, or as I like to call it, “The Night of Frenzied Shopping.”
- We haven’t had a “silent night” since we had kids, but I hope your Christmas Eve is peaceful!
- Merry Christmas Eve! Watch out for falling reindeer poop!
- Hope everyone has a very merry Christmas Eve. Oh, and don’t forget to put out the fire in your fireplace before you go to bed!
- Parents of young children, be sure to get to bed early tonight. Because you will be awakened at the butt crack of dawn.
Here are a few blessings to share with people on Christmas Eve. For more ideas, check out this list of religious Christmas messages.
- Wishing you a blessed and beautiful Christmas Eve, as we celebrate God’s love and the great gift He gave us on the first Christmas.
- Wishing everyone peace, joy, and love on this most holy of nights. God bless you all.
- On this night, our Savior was born. May you feel God’s love all around you this Christmas Eve.
Merry Christmas Eve Eve
Finally, here are some holiday wishes for the evening or day before Christmas Eve. Because Christmas, as they say, starts earlier every year.
- Two more days until Christmas! Merry Christmas Eve Eve!
- Merry Christmas Eve Eve! Remember, it’s never too early to get your jolly on!
- Happy Christmas Eve Eve! This is the last minute to avoid last minute Christmas shopping.
Of course, another big “eve” is just around the corner. If you’re looking for ideas on how to wish everyone a Happy New Year, see this big list.