Christmas Eve isn’t just the night before Christmas. It has a unique identity, with traditions and an energy all its own. While many people spend a sleepy Christmas Day secluded with family, Christmas Eve is known for being busy, social, and – perhaps most of all – merry.
All this points to the need for a different type of holiday greeting than what you might find in the typical Christmas card. With that in mind, here are some ideas on how to wish the people in your life a Merry Christmas Eve. These messages are perfect for sharing via social media post, text, or however you prefer to spread some Christmas (Eve) spirit.
Here are some sweet and sincere Christmas Eve wishes. For more ideas along these lines, see this collection of inspirational Christmas sayings.
- May your Christmas Eve sparkle, and your Christmas Day shine.
- Merry Christmas Eve, everyone! Wherever you are and whatever you do, I hope your Christmas Eve is joyous.
- Merry Christmas Eve, all! Hope your stockings are all bursting in the morning (and not with coal).
- Happy Christmas Eve! Hope you have all your Christmas shopping done and can relax by the Christmas tree with a good, strong glass of eggnog.
- Hold onto your Christmas cookies… Santa is on his way! Happy Christmas Eve!
- Santa is loading his sleigh as we speak. Have a Merry Christmas Eve and a wonderful Christmas Day.
- Happy Christmas Eve, everyone. Whether you’re getting together with friends, or getting cozy with family, I hope your night is simply wonderful.
- Wishing you a magical Christmas Eve and a bright and merry Christmas Day.
- Santa has been cleared for takeoff. Whatever you find in your stocking tomorrow, I hope your day is filled with joy.
- Merry Christmas, everyone. Keep your eyes on the sky!
- Wishing everyone a warm, relaxing Christmas Eve surrounded by loved ones. Happy Holidays, all!
- Santa Claus and his reindeer might be zooming around the planet right now, but I hope your Christmas Eve is considerably less stressful. Merry Christmas!
- It’s the most wonderful night of the year! Have a marvelously merry Christmas Eve!
- Welp, my stocking is hung by the chimney with care, so I just wanted to take this moment to wish everyone a Merry Christmas Eve. Happy Holidays, everyone!
- Have yourself a merry little Christmas Eve, folks.
- May your heart be more full than Santa’s bag right before takeoff. Merry Christmas Eve.
- The countdown to Christmas is almost over. Time to get your jolly on, people. Merry Christmas Eve!
- Here comes Santa Claus! Hope everyone has a jolly Christmas Eve and a very Merry Christmas!
- Merry Christmas, all! I hope there are plenty of goodies for you under the tree. But more than that, I hope your holidays are full of joy and love.
- The stockings have been hung by the chimney with care, so… Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
If you’re looking to spread a little mirth, here are some humorous Christmas Eve greetings to share. For more laughs, see this list of funny Christmas wishes.
- Merry Christmas Eve! Hope everyone has a great time while Santa is too distracted to notice if you’ve been bad or good!
- ‘Twas the night before Christmas
And all through my house
Not a creature was sober
Especially my spouse!
- I have it on good authority that the Naughty List has been finalized. So live it up, people!
- It’s Christmas Eve, or as I like to call it, “The Night of Frenzied Shopping.”
- We haven’t had a “silent night” since we had kids, but I hope your Christmas Eve is peaceful!
- Merry Christmas Eve! Watch out for falling reindeer poop!
- Hope everyone has a very merry Christmas Eve. Oh, and don’t forget to put out the fire in your fireplace before you go to bed!
- Parents of young children, be sure to get to bed early tonight. Because you will be awakened at the butt crack of dawn.
- It’s about time to take off those tacky Christmas sweaters and put on those tacky Christmas pajamas. Have a jolly Christmas Eve, everyone!
- Thank goodness there are no more shopping days left until Christmas. I might need a Christmas miracle to pay off my credit cards. Have a wonderful evening and a Merry Christmas, everyone!
- Like an over-iced gingerbread man, I hope your Christmas is extra sweet. Merry Christmas Eve.
- Happy Christmas Eve! Hope everyone has an elfin’ good time tonight!
Here are a few blessings to share with people on Christmas Eve. For more ideas, check out this list of religious Christmas messages.
- Wishing you a blessed and beautiful Christmas Eve, as we celebrate God’s love and the great gift He gave us on the first Christmas.
- Wishing everyone peace, joy, and love on this most holy of nights. God bless you all.
- On this night, our Savior was born. May you feel God’s love all around you this Christmas Eve.
- Tonight is a special night, and a perfect time to reflect on the reason for the season. Wishing you a blessed Christmas Eve.
- Oh holy night! As we prepare to open our presents, it’s important to remember the precious gift that God gave to all of us.
Merry Christmas Eve Eve
Finally, here are some holiday wishes for the evening or day before Christmas Eve. Because Christmas, as they say, starts earlier every year.
- Two more days until Christmas! Merry Christmas Eve Eve!
- Merry Christmas Eve Eve! Remember, it’s never too early to get your jolly on!
- Only one more shopping day until Christmas, and I’m afraid Amazon ain’t going to save you at this point. Best of luck, you procrastinators.
- Happy Christmas Eve Eve! This is the last minute to avoid last minute Christmas shopping.
- Merry Christmas Eve Eve! No, there’s not an echo in here. It’s the night before the night before Christmas. Have a great one!
Of course, another big “eve” is just around the corner. If you’re looking for ideas on how to wish everyone a Happy New Year, see this big list.
- 50 Sparkling Ways to Wish People a Happy December - November 5, 2023
- Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas! 50 Glittery Greetings - October 30, 2023
- Happy Thanksgiving, Dad! 31 Warm and Funny Greetings - October 25, 2023