Romantic love is swell and all, but the love between a mother and a child? That’s the good stuff. Think about it: it’s a love that starts at birth (if not sooner), lasts forever, and best of all, isn’t maintained through annual ritualistic gifts of chocolate.
For all those reasons and more, maternal love is worth celebrating on Valentine’s Day. Yes, we’re aware that there’s a whole other holiday designated for that purpose. But is one day out of the year really enough to stop and appreciate everything our moms mean to us? Of course not!
If your mother is like most, she’ll be thrilled with a simple “Happy Valentine’s Day, Mom!” But you can do better than that. To help you find the right words for a greeting card, social media post, or whatnot, here’s a wide-ranging list of Valentine’s Day wishes for a very special mother.
- Happy Valentine’s Day to my first sweetheart.
- Have I told you lately that I love you? Well, I do. Happy Valentine’s Day, Mom.
- I’m sending you some of my love this Valentine’s Day. It’s the least I can do after all the love you’ve given me over the years.
- Happy Valentine’s Day! Even if you weren’t my mom, I’d still think you were awesome.
- Bet you didn’t think I’d remember Valentine’s Day, did you? Well in your face, Mom! Oh, and Happy Valentine’s Day.
- Valentine’s Day is supposed to be all about love, and when I think of love, I think of you.
- I wouldn’t trade my mom for all the heart-shaped boxes of chocolates in the world. And you know how much I like chocolate.
- Happy Valentine’s Day to the person who taught me how to love.
- I still remember you helping me fill out my Valentines when I was a kid. Thanks for being a great mom, and Happy Valentine’s Day.
- Roses always remind me of the color of the glasses you wear when you look at me. Happy Valentine’s Day, and thanks for always seeing the best in me.
- Happy Valentine’s Day, Mom. Hope your day is full of love. And chocolate.
- Valentine’s Day is a good time to stop and appreciate all the love and care you gave me growing up. Come to think of it, EVERY day is a good time for that.
- Happy Valentine’s Day from your favorite [son/daughter].
- Valentine’s Day is about love and chocolate, both of which make me think of you.
- [Roses] Happy Valentine’s Day from someone who was a thorn in your side for many years.
- You gave me all your love when I was growing up. Today, I’m giving some of it back. Happy Valentine’s Day, Mom.
- If I had a chocolate for every kind thing you’ve done for me, I’d soon weigh 500 pounds!
- Happy Valentine’s Day to the woman who birthed me, raised me, and still has my back after all these years. Love you, Mom.
- Valentine’s Day is a good time to remember ALL the people who are in your heart, and you’re right at the center of mine.
- Happy Valentine’s Day to the sweetest person I know, my mom.
If you enjoyed this article, you’ll also want to check out our mega-list of birthday messages for Mom. In the likely event that your Mom’s birthday doesn’t fall on or near Valentine’s day, you can always bookmark it for later.