If you have a super mom – and most moms are super – then you can never hope to thank her for everything she’s done for you. A lot of the things she did for you, you don’t even remember. Many of the things you do remember, you didn’t appreciate at the time.
But don’t feel too bad, because super moms super-appreciate the smallest gestures from their children. Taking the time to wish her a Happy Birthday is a good start. Coming up with a unique way to say “Happy Birthday, Mom” is even better.
The following list of birthday wishes for Mom range from sincere to silly, so you can choose one according to your tastes and Mom’s (which, go figure, are often the same). Send them in a text, share them on social media, or scrawl them in a nice birthday card. Just don’t forget Mom’s birthday – it’s the least you can do.
Here are some warm and sincere birthday messages for Mom.
- I’m wishing you a doubly Happy Birthday. After all, you’re not just my mom, but my best friend.
- When I was little, I used to look up at you and think I had the prettiest Mom in the whole world. Now you’re older, I’m bigger, and my opinion hasn’t changed one bit. Happy Birthday!
- Happy Birthday to the woman who gave me life, then taught me how to live it.
- I still need my Mom, I still appreciate my Mom, and I will always love my Mom. Today is the perfect time to let her know it. Happy Birthday, Mom.
- Happy Birthday to the lady who put up a strong front, while always having my back.
- Happy Birthday to a lady who picked up after me as a kid, but more importantly, never failed to pick me up when I was down. I love you, Mom.
- Hope the best Mom ever has the best birthday ever.
- I could never express everything you mean to me, or thank you for everything you’ve done for me. So I’m just going to say Happy Birthday and give you a big birthday hug the next time I see you.
- I hope you get everything you want for your birthday, Mom. Most of all, I hope you take some time to treat yourself. You’ve earned it after years of tending to others.
- Sending a special birthday wish to someone who did her best to make every one of my birthdays special.
- I’m glad that you came into this world, and just plain lucky that you’re my Mom. Happy Birthday!
- The years go by, but some things never change. You never stop being there for me, and I never stop thinking I have the best Mom in the world. Happy Birthday!
- I can’t decide whether you’re a better Mom or Grandma. Let’s just say you’re awesome at everything you do. Hope you have a birthday that’s every bit as awesome as you.
- When you’re a kid, you take everything for granted. I just assumed all those birthday parties, cakes, and presents happened by magic. Now I appreciate all the work that went into it, and the lady who pulled it off. I hope some of that birthday magic comes back to you today, Mom.
- Happy Birthday to a lady who would never hesitate to share her last piece of birthday cake. I love you, Mom.
- You’ve given me unyielding support, unconditional love, and life itself. I can’t give you anything for your birthday that compares to that. All I can say is that I love and appreciate you, on your birthday and every day.
- Happy Birthday to a very special Mom. I think I love you more and more each year, as I look back with newfound appreciation on everything you did for me as a kid and as an adult.
- Hope you have an amazing birthday, Mom. If anyone deserves to have a day all to herself, it’s you.
Still looking for a sweet message for Mom? You might find inspiration in this list of heartfelt Mother’s Day messages.
Here are some cute and utterly sweet birthday wishes for Mom.
- Happy Birthday to the best looking Mom in town. Thanks for everything you’ve given me over the years, especially those awesome genes.
- Happy Birthday to one fierce Mama Bear. Growing up would have been un-bear-able without you.
- It’s your birthday! Kick up your feet and let Dad do all the work today.
- What’s more special than being a mom? Being a Birthday Mom! I hope you have day full of relaxation, wine, sweets, and everything else that makes life grand.
- Your kids are all grown up, so you can get as wild as you want on your birthday. Have a great time, but try not to embarrass me too much, okay?
- Happy Birthday to the woman who taught me everything I know. I hope you’re planning to stick around for awhile, because I still have plenty to learn!
- “World’s Best Mom” is an understatement. You’re the best Mom in the solar system, at minimum. May your birthday be truly out of this world.
- As a Mom, you really take the cake. Blowing out those candles on the cake just takes a little more effort. Hope you have a Very Happy Birthday, Mom!
- Happy Birthday to a lady who’s hard to buy for, but easy to love.
- Have a fabulous birthday, Mom. And don’t even think about dying anytime soon. I won’t be done with you for quite some time.
Here are some humorous birthday wishes for Mom, from her wisenheimer offspring.
- I hope you have a wonderful birthday, and I know that hearing from your favorite kid is a step in the right direction.
- Sometimes on your birthday I wonder what my life would be like if you hadn’t been born. And then I think: You wouldn’t be alive then, stupid! So, thanks for being born, Mom. Hope you have an awesome day.
- Happy Birthday to my dear Mom! May we continue to drive each other crazy for years to come.
- I know all you’ve ever wanted for your birthday was to hear “I love you” from your kids, which is a good thing because I’m broke as usual. I love you, Mom – and Happy Birthday!
- Happy Birthday to the woman who never failed to act impressed by every crappy gift I ever made for her. Hope this birthday wish makes your day a little brighter, Mom.
- Mom, I was going to bake you a cake for your birthday. But then I realized that, with my baking skills, not baking you cake would be a better present. You’re welcome – and Happy Birthday!
- Happy Birthday to a Mom who is perfect in every way. Well, except for the cooking. That’s not so great.
- Hope your birthday is full of wining and dining. As opposed to the whining and dining you had to put up with when I was a kid.
- Happy Birthday, Mom! Guess raising me didn’t send you to an early grave after all.
- I remembered your birthday! Aren’t you proud? Now keep that in mind while I tell you about your gift…
- Thanks for taking care of me when I was little, Mom. Because you and I both know that if it were all up to Dad, I wouldn’t have made it. Happy Birthday!
- Hope you have a wonderful birthday, Mom. Even though I don’t get to see you much, I hear your voice in my head all the time, telling me what I should do. I’ve been meaning to see someone about that…
- Happy Birthday to a lady to who has spooky knowledge of how I think. You probably knew I was going to say that, didn’t you?
- Happy Birthday to the best Mom I’ve ever had.
If you’re still searching for the right words, you might score some ideas from this rundown of funny Mother’s Day puns.
Here are some birthday messages from daughter to mother.
- Happy Birthday to my Number One Fan and my Number One Role Model.
- Happy Birthday to a Mom who looks young enough to be my sister. Note that if you ever start looking younger than me, we’re going to have problems.
- A girl never stops needing her Mom. I hope I can keep you for many, many years to come.
- I hope you have a fantastic birthday. Also, I hope I look half as gorgeous as you do when I’m your age.
- Thanks to you, I never worry about getting older. I just look at you and think, I got those genes! Happy Birthday to my foxy Mom!
- You and I have spent many birthdays together. How many is nobody else’s business. Happy 30th Birthday, Mom, from your 22-year-old daughter.
Finally, here are some birthday wishes from son to mother.
- Happy Birthday to a strong and beautiful Mom, from a proud and grateful son.
- Happy Birthday to one bad bitch, from one lucky son of a bitch.
- I’m the dutiful son who always remembers your birthday, but never knows how old you are. Hope you have a wonderful day, Mom.
- Have a great birthday, Mom. Maybe for this one day, you can stop worrying about your son and just enjoy yourself. What do you think?
- I’m not the most emotional guy… except, of course, when I think about my Mom. You’re the best, Mom, and I hope you have the best birthday ever.