Thanksgiving is unique among the major holidays. And no, it’s not just the turkey and side dishes that give this holiday its distinct flavor. It’s also the fact that Thanksgiving – unlike other holidays we could name – isn’t about exchanging gifts, but appreciating what you already have.
If you have a beloved son in your life, you obviously have a lot to be grateful for on Thanksgiving (not to mention every other day of the year). For someone so special, no ordinary Thanksgiving greeting will do. Instead, consider sending your son an original Thanksgiving message that speaks to your feelings for him and the bond you share.
If you’re not sure about the wording, check out the following list of Thanksgiving wishes for a son. These messages come in a variety styles, and are tailored for social media posts, text messages, or even a Turkey Day toast.
Note: You can also come up with your own Thanksgiving wish for your son, or adapt another message for that purpose. For inspiration, see our list of Thanksgiving phrases.
- Happy Thanksgiving to a wonderful son. You’re everything I could ever wish for.
- Being grateful is easy – I just think of you. Happy Thanksgiving to a truly beloved son.
- Happy Thanksgiving to someone who has brought so much love and joy into my life. I will always be thankful for my wonderful son.
- Happy Turkey Day to my turkey loving son! May your heart be as full as your belly this Thanksgiving!
- Happy Thanksgiving to the best son, bar-none!
- Happy Thanksgiving, Son. I may not be setting a place for you at the table this year, but know that you will always have a place in my heart.
- Son… this Thanksgiving, may your turkey be moist, your mashed potatoes warm, and your pants roomy!
- Happy Thanksgiving to a great son-in-law! We’re so thankful to have you in the family!
- On Thanksgiving, and every other day of the year, we’re thankful for you. Happy Thanksgiving to our amazing son.
- I’ll be thinking about you this Thanksgiving, especially when I’m counting my blessings. Hope your holiday is full of joy and love.
- I remember when you used to sit at the kids table. Now you have a family of your own, and I know you’re just as thankful for them as we’ve always been for you. Happy Thanksgiving, Son.
- Happy Thanksgiving to my beloved son. I hope you know that I have always been thankful for you… even during your teenage years!
- Happy Thanksgiving to my son. You make me so proud and grateful every single day.
- Son… Thanksgiving is a time for big birds, big games, and big naps. Hope you enjoy them all.
- I’m thankful for your laugh, your spirit, your kindness, and most of all, for the man you’ve become. In short, I’m thankful for you. Happy Thanksgiving to a son like no other.
- Happy Thanksgiving to a wonderful son-in-law. I’m thankful for the love, care, and support you give to your family.
- When you were born, I knew I would always have something to be thankful for at Thanksgiving. I just didn’t know that I would become even more grateful as the years go by. Hope you have a wonderful Turkey Day, Son.
- How do you know it’s Thanksgiving? When you smell fowl odors coming from the kitchen! Just thought I’d send you a little dad joke to get you in the holiday spirit.
- Loving you is easy as pie. Happy Thanksgiving to a son who gives me so much to be thankful for.
- Words can’t express how thankful I am to have a son like you. Wishing you the best of everything this Thanksgiving, and in the days to come.
- Happy Thanksgiving, Son! We are, and always have been, thankful for you!
- May the last piece of pumpkin pie be yours this Thanksgiving! Happy Turkey Day, Son!