There are at least two good reasons to send your dad a special greeting this Thanksgiving. One, he probably plays a central role in some of your favorite Turkey Day memories. And two, he’s someone who likely comes to mind when you’re thinking of all the things you’re thankful for.
So, what’s the best way to wish your pop a Happy Thanksgiving? Well, just as some people like dark meat while others prefer white, it all depends on your particular tastes. To help you come up with the right wording, we’ve carved out a cornucopia of Thanksgiving wishes for dad that run the gamut from sentimental to silly.
Note: We have a corresponding list of Thanksgiving messages for Mom.
Here are some Thanksgiving messages that tell Dad you’re grateful for him.
- Happy Thanksgiving, Dad. I’m thankful for everything you do and everything you are.
- One of my greatest blessings is to have a father like you. Happy Thanksgiving to a dad who’s wonderful in every way.
- Thanksgiving reminds me of all the wonderful holidays I had as a kid, and the wonderful dad who made them possible. Happy Thanksgiving, Pop.
- Happy Thanksgiving to the best turkey carver I know… my dad.
- Dad… wishing you moist turkey, buttery mashed potatoes, and a blissful post-meal nap. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Happy Thanksgiving to the best father and grandfather in the world. Your family is thankful for you.
- Dad… THANKS for GIVING me so much love and support over the years. Hope your Turkey Day is as amazing as you are.
- What am I thankful for? Well, for one thing, I’m thankful to have a father like you. Wishing you the best Turkey Day ever, Dad.
- Dad… hope your Thanksgiving is full of more good food than you can shake a drumstick at!
- I have too many blessings to count this Thanksgiving, and so many of them go back to my amazing dad and the start he gave me in life. Happy Thanksgiving, Dad.
- I won’t be seeing you this Thanksgiving, but you can bet I’ll be counting you among my blessings. Happy Turkey Day, Pop.
- Happy Thanksgiving to my dad and all the other dads out there who are carving the turkey today!
- Hope your Thanksgiving is full of blessings, Dad. You certainly give me plenty to be thankful for.
Here are a handful of cute and clever ways to wish the old man a Happy Thanksgiving. Warning: May contain dad jokes.
- As a dad, you’re plucking awesome. Happy Turkey Day!
- Happy Thanksgiving to my awesome dad. Since we can’t be together this year, I pledge to eat an extra piece of pumpkin pie in your honor.
- How do you know someone burned the Thanksgiving turkey? When you hear fowl language coming from the kitchen! Just a little dad joke for you on Thanksgiving.
- Happy Turkey Day to a dad who’s always ahead of the carve!
- Dad… I have many wonderful Thanksgiving memories of you, most of them having to do with us falling asleep while watching lopsided football games. Have a fantastic Turkey Day!
- Thanks for sticking with me, even though I could be a real turkey sometimes. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Dad.
- Happy Thanksgiving to a dad who passed down so many valuable things to me. Unfortunately, I did not inherit your turkey cooking skills.
- I’ll miss you at Thanksgiving this year, Dad. Who’s going to fight me for the turkey leg now?
Here are a few Turkey Day greetings tailored to a father-in-law.
- Happy Thanksgiving to my wonderful father-in-law. I’m thankful for you!
- Being thankful for my father-in-law isn’t hard. In fact, it’s as easy as pumpkin pie. Happy Thanksgiving!
- This Thanksgiving, and every other day of the year, I’m thankful to have a father-in-law like you. Have a wonderful Turkey Day.
- Happy Thanksgiving to a wonderful father-in-law. Hope your turkey is extra-tasty this year.
- I was just counting my blessings, and you made the list. Happy Thanksgiving to a great father-in-law.
Dad in Heaven
Finally, here are some touching Thanksgiving messages for a dad who is gone but not forgotten.
- Happy Thanksgiving to my Dad in heaven. Thank you for the love, laughs, and lessons.
- Happy Thanksgiving, Dad. I still miss you dearly, but I’m thankful for the wonderful memories of you that bring me comfort.
- Happy Thanksgiving to my Dad up in heaven. You might not be sitting at the table this year, but you will always have a place in my heart.
- Thanksgiving turkey will never taste quite the same as the ones Dad carved. Love you and miss you, Dad.
- Thanksgiving reminds me of how much I miss my dad, but also of how thankful I am to have had him in my life.
If you liked these ideas, you might also want to think about getting a head start on finding the perfect Christmas greeting for Dad.
- 50 Extra-Merry Christmas Wishes For a Special Niece - November 20, 2023
- 50 Sparkling Ways to Wish People a Happy December - November 5, 2023
- Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas! 50 Glittery Greetings - October 30, 2023