Christmas is the perfect time to show some appreciation for one very important man in your life. And no, we’re not talking about Santa. Let’s be honest: Old Saint Nick already gets plenty of attention around the holidays.
No, the important man we’re referring to is Dad. When it comes to making Christmas festive and fun, fathers are seriously underrated. Who do you think assembled all those toys so you could enjoy them on Christmas morning? Hint: It wasn’t an elf.
While you can probably never pay Dad back for all those presents, you can at least send him a thoughtful greeting at Christmastime. It doesn’t have to be sappy, either. The following list of Christmas messages for Dad run the gamut from sentimental to silly, so you can find just the right words to make your old man jolly.
- Merry Christmas to a jolly good dad!
- It takes a special sort of man to spoil his kid rotten every Christmas and let Santa take all the credit. Merry Christmas, Dad!
- I don’t need much for Christmas because having a father like you is the gift that keeps on giving. Merry Christmas!
- Hope your Christmas is extra-special, Dad. You deserve it for making every Christmas so special for me when I was a kid.
- Merry Christmas, Dad! I was going to get you a swanky gift, but with me as your [son/daughter], I’m not sure what more you could possibly want!
- Dad… relax and enjoy the holidays. You deserve it after all of those Christmases spent assembling toys!
- What you’ve given me is worth more than all the presents in Santa’s bag. Merry Christmas, Dad.
- Merry Christmas to a great dad and a damn good guy!
- I’d send you all my love for Christmas, but no box could hold it. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the greatest dad ever.
- Happy Holidays to the man who made all of my holidays happy. Love you, Dad.
- When it comes to being jolly, you put Santa to shame. Merry Christmas, Dad!
- Hope your Christmas kicks as much ass as you do, Dad! You’re the best!
- Merry Christmas, Dad! Since you no longer have to assemble toys, stuff stockings, install batteries, or get up at the butt crack of dawn so the kids can open presents, there’s only one thing left for you to do… enjoy yourself!
- Happy Holidays, Dad! Thanks for being my own personal Santa Claus all those years!
- Dad, I’ve been meaning to tell you this for years, but when I was a kid I once saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus. Hope this doesn’t ruin the holidays for you.
- Sending you a sleigh full of love this holiday season. Merry Christmas, Dad!
- You’ve given me lots of presents over the years, but more importantly, you’ve given me love and support. Merry Christmas to the best father a person could ask for.
- What did Santa Claus say to the wisecracking reindeer? You sleigh me! Just a little dad joke for you at Christmastime.
- This Christmas, I’m thinking of you, missing you, and wishing you all the happiness in the world. Merry Christmas to a wonderful father.
- Dad, thanks for making Christmas so much fun when I was a kid. To this day, those memories continue to bring me joy around the holidays.
- Thinking of you makes me light up like a Christmas tree. Merry Christmas, Dad!
- To a man who gives so much, asks for so little, and deserves all the good things in life… Merry Christmas!
- When it comes to being a dad, even Father Christmas can’t compete with you! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Pop!
- I’m never cold at Christmastime, because thoughts of you always warm my heart. Merry Christmas to my wonderful dad.
- Best Christmas wishes for the best dad ever!