At the risk of stating the obvious, being a dad is hard work. Anyone who takes on the job deserves some major kudos. Father’s Day is focused on recognizing our own dads – and rightly so – but nothing says we can’t also save some praise for our guy friends who have taken up the mantle of parenthood.
A simple “Happy Father’s Day” is enough to let a friend know that you appreciate his efforts. But if you really want to show him how much you care, you’ll need to dig a bit deeper for a more thoughtful message.
For ideas, see the following list of Father’s Day wishes for a friend. These greetings come in a variety of flavors – from earnest to irreverent – so you can send your friend a Dad’s Day message that perfectly matches his unique personality.
Note: If your friend is celebrating his first Father’s Day as a dad, that’s a whole different ballgame. See our collection of Father’s Day wishes for first-time dads for messages tailor-made for this unique occasion.
When in doubt, a straightforward and sincere Father’s Day message is your best bet. Here are some options.
- Happy Father’s Day to a bad ass dad.
- It takes a big heart to raise little ones. Happy Father’s Day to a dad who has what it takes.
- Happy Father’s Day to a wonderful friend. Give that beautiful family of yours a hug for me.
- Hey man… hope you can kick back and have a beer or two this Father’s Day. You deserve it for everything you do for your family.
- I don’t know much about fatherhood, but I know a great dad when I see one. Happy Father’s Day to one of the best.
- Happy Father’s Day to my amazing friend. You’re so playful, attentive, and loving as a father, it’s frankly kind of mind-boggling.
- You’re living proof that dads can still be cool. Happy Father’s Day, dude!
- Great friend. Great dad. Great all-around guy. I’m sensing a pattern here. Have a great Father’s Day!
- Have yourself a fantastic Father’s Day! I really respect the fact that you’re always there for your family. That’s the way it should be.
- Happy Father’s Day to a wonderful dad who I’m proud to call my friend.
- You’re not only a wonderful friend, but also one of the kindest and most involved parents I know. Wishing you nothing but the best this Father’s Day.
- Happy Father’s Day, King. As a dad, you rule.
- Your kid is lucky to have a dad like you, just like I’m lucky to have a friend like you. Hope you have the fantastic Father’s Day you deserve.
- If only all dads were as fun, energetic, and nurturing as you are. Happy Father’s Day to a dad who really gets it.
- As a friend, you’re amazing. As a dad, you’re legendary. Happy Father’s Day to a great guy.
- Happy Father’s Day to one amazing dad. I’m not the least bit surprised you’re so good at fatherhood – you always had the strength, energy, and compassion for the job.
- Dads are all about giving love, solving problems, and always being there when their families need them. Happy Father’s Day to a guy who understands the assignment.
- Happy Father’s Day to a fellow dad. I know from experience that being a dad is hard, but you sure make it look easy.
- You can’t hang out as much anymore, but that’s okay – you have the world’s most important job to do. Have a great Father’s Day with the family!
- Happy Father’s Day, King! Give the little princess a kiss for me.
- I don’t know what it’s like to be a parent, but I see the wonderful kids you’re raising and have to conclude that you’re doing something right. Have a fantastic Father’s Day.
- Being a dad can seem like a thankless task sometimes, but your friends see and appreciate the sacrifices you make for your family. Hope you have an outstanding Father’s Day.
- Happy Father’s Day to a cool dude and a rad dad!
Funny greetings are always popular on Father’s Day, including those notoriously groan-worthy dad jokes. Here are some humorous wording ideas to consider.
- Did you hear about the hospital that lost the paternity records for all the newborns? It was all due to a dada breach. Just a little dad joke to help you celebrate Father’s Day.
- Hope your Father’s Day is full of all the things dads like to do, like hogging the TV remote, telling lame dad jokes, and having people pull your finger.
- Happy Father’s Day! Hope your kid doesn’t do as much dumb shit as you did growing up.
- Being a dad has brought out your softer side, and all I can say is, thank God. You were a real hard ass. Have a great Father’s Day.
- Happy Father’s Day, man! I’d congratulate you on the beautiful kids, but we both know where their looks come from.
- Sorry, but I have to drop some F bombs on you. You’re a Fantastic Father and Friend. Have a Fabulous Father’s Day.
- Happy Father’s Day to a truly amazing dad. If I didn’t already have a dad, I’d beg you to adopt me.
- Happy Father’s Day to a guy who knows how to dad. Somehow you always come out smelling like a rose, while I come out smelling like a dirty diaper.
- Wishing you a Father’s Day full of relaxation and appreciation, with maybe some intoxication thrown in for good measure.
- Happy Father’s Day, dude! I’d wish you a peaceful and relaxing day with the fam, but since you live in a madhouse, I think I’ll just offer to buy you a beer sometime.
- Happy Father’s Day to a friend from back in the day. Do your kids know what an impudent troublemaker you used to be?
- Hey man… just so you know, being a dad doesn’t make you uncool. You were uncool long before you had kids. Just kidding – have a Happy Father’s Day!
- Now that you’re a dad, you have a certain aura of respectability. Unfortunately for you, I know where the bodies are buried. Happy Father’s Day!
- Happy Father’s Day, dude! I honestly don’t know how you do it. I think I would have run for the hills when I caught my first whiff of baby dookie.
- Now that you’re a dad, you can’t party like you used to. On the bright side, you’d probably be dead soon if you kept partying like you used to. Have a fun (but not too fun) Father’s Day!
- Happy Father’s Day to a guy who knows how to rock a dad bod.
If your dad friend happens to be your best friend, your Father’s Day wish ought to reflect that fact. Check out these options.
- One of the best things about hanging out with you is I get to see a top-notch dad in action. Happy Father’s Day, King!
- Happy Father’s Day! Someday your kids will appreciate everything you do for them. We may be old and gray by then, but it will happen.
- Happy Father’s Day to my best friend. It’s been a blast seeing you become this superhero dad. You are one amazing papa.
- You’re the best dad I know, and the best friend I have. Hope your Father’s Day is also the best.
- The best part of your friend becoming a dad? More people to love. Happy Father’s Day to you, my friend!
- Happy Father’s Day, Bestie. We’ve both changed a lot over the years, but I have to say… fatherhood looks damn good on you.
- I’ll never cease to be amazed at what an awesome dad you are. I’m sure your family feels the same way. Have a great Father’s Day, my dude.
- Happy Father’s Day to the best guy I know. I’m so glad you made a backup of yourself!
- Somehow you’re always there for me and your family. I know they appreciate it as much as I do. Have a wonderful Father’s Day, my friend.
- Happy Father’s Day, papa. I’m in awe of how you handle yourself as a dad. It’s just one more reason I’m proud to call you my best friend.
- Happy Father’s Day to my main man. Hope you and your family enjoy some quality time together.
- 40+ Ways to Say Happy Father’s Day to a Brother-in-Law - May 22, 2023
- Let’s Say Happy Father’s Day to All the Dads Out There - May 20, 2023
- Top 50 Long Distance Relationship Quotes of All Time - May 16, 2023