For new parents, it seems like every day brings a new first to be savored and celebrated. There are first smiles, first words, first steps, first meetings with loved ones, and so on. But for a first-time dad, one of the most meaningful milestones is without a doubt that first Father’s Day in June with the new baby.
A once-in-a-lifetime moment like this calls for something more than the standard “Happy Father’s Day.” To help you find a greeting that rises to the occasion, we’ve put together an assortment of Father’s Day messages for first-time papas. Whether the newbie dad is a close relative, or just a friend, these messages are designed to make his first Father’s Day a little more special.
To start, here are some heartfelt greetings for a friend, coworker, or other acquaintance celebrating his first Father’s Day.
- As a dad, you rock. Happy First Father’s Day.
- You’re an amazing first-time dad. Scratch that. You’re an amazing dad, period. Happy Father’s Day!
- If fatherhood were a sport, you’d be Rookie of the Year. Happy First Father’s Day to one fantastic papa!
- You’ve made it to the first mile marker on a long journey, my friend. Enjoy your first Father’s Day!
- Happy First Father’s Day to my amazing friend! I always knew you would make a great dad, and I’m glad to see you’re proving me right.
- I never knew you had such a soft side until you became a dad, and I respect you all the more for it. Happy First Father’s Day!
- Happy First Father’s Day! Hope you’re enjoying your time with your new baby. I know it can be hard when you’re sleep-deprived, but when they’re this age, every moment is precious.
- You’re living proof that you don’t need a lot of experience to be a great dad. Hope you have a fantastic First Father’s Day!
- You deserve a day off… but with a baby in the house, you probably won’t get one. Hope your first Father’s Day is wonderful anyway!
- Happy Father’s Day to an amazing first-time dad and a wonderful long-time friend. Give that little baby a squeeze for me.
- It’s been a joy to watch a wonderful old friend turn into a wonderful new dad. Hope you savor your first Father’s Day with that beautiful family of yours.
- Caring for a baby is half blissful and half stressful. Hope your first Father’s Day leans more toward the former and less toward the latter!
- Having a baby brings many firsts. Now you’re celebrating your first Father’s Day, and I hope you pause to reflect on everything you’ve accomplished for that beautiful little baby.
- Happy First Father’s Day to my best friend and the best dad I know. Based on everything I see, you’re a parenting superstar.
- To my awesome friend… just wanted to wish you a Happy First Father’s Day and give you a big pat on the back for the job you’re doing as a dad.
- Congratulations on your first Father’s Day as a dad. I think you’ve earned yourself an ice cold beer and a short break from diaper changes.
- You have the most adorable baby, and that baby has the most loving and attentive dad. Happy First Father’s Day!
- Raising a baby is hard work, but I can see you’re up for the job. Happy Father’s Day to a remarkable first-time dad.
- You are as good at being a dad as you are at being a friend, which is to say, pretty damn amazing. Hope your first Father’s Day is also amazing.
- Hope your first Father’s Day is full of joy. I’m sure it will be if you just spend some time holding that precious baby of yours.
If the dad in question is your husband, his first Father’s Day is an especially meaningful milestone for your family. Here are some greetings to mark the occasion.
- Happy First Father’s Day to my wonderful husband. I’m so glad I have you by my side for this amazing adventure.
- Our baby is so lucky to have a daddy like you. Happy Father’s Day, sweetheart.
- Happy First Father’s Day, Hubs. There’s no one I’d rather spend a sleepless night with.
- Our life has been pretty hectic lately, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. Thanks for being such supportive partner and father. Happy Father’s Day Number One!
- Happy Father’s Day, Hubby! Now that you’re a dad, I’m learning a lot of new things about you. For example, I now know that even when you’re sleep-deprived and smell like dirty diapers, you’re still wildly attractive.
- Happy Father’s Day! Can you believe we have a real family now? Sometimes I still have to pinch myself.
- Having a baby brings the love in our relationship to a whole new level, a level I scarcely thought possible. As we celebrate your first Father’s Day as a dad, I hope you know how loved and valued you are. You mean the world to me and our child.
- Happy First Father’s Day from your adoring wife. Having a baby is hard work, but somehow you always make it fun.
- Happy Father’s Day to my favorite first-time dad. I love you and the little family we’ve made.
- On your first Father’s Day as a dad, I just want you to know how amazing you are. I’m so blessed to have a partner, lover, and friend like you to spend my life with.
If the first-time dad is your son, you might want to consider one of the following messages.
- Happy First Father’s Day, Son. We were indescribably proud the day you were born, but we’re even more proud of the father and person you’ve become.
- Son… you are spooky good at being a dad. Guess it’s because you learned from the best! Enjoy your first Father’s Day!
- Happy First Father’s Day, Son. You may be a new parent, but you have the skills of an old pro like me.
- It seems like just yesterday you were in diapers, and now you have a little one of your own. Hope you have a wonderful first Father’s Day, Son.
- Happy First Father’s Day to a wonderful dad, son, and person. We love you!
From the Baby
Here are some cute Father’s Day wishes written from the perspective of the little one.
- Daddy… we’ve had so much fun already and we’re just getting started! Happy First Father’s Day!
- I may be just a baby, but I know an amazing dad when I see one. Happy First Father’s Day, Daddy!
- You will always be my dad and I will always be your child, and that’s pretty special. Happy Father’s Day, Daddy.
- Happy First Father’s Day, Daddy! I’m getting the best start in life thanks to you.
- I may be little, but my love for you is so big. Happy Father’s Day, Daddy!
- Happy Father’s Day to the best diaper-changer ever. Love you, Daddy!
- I may not have much experience, but I know I wouldn’t want any other daddy. Happy First Father’s Day!
- Happy Father’s Day, Daddy! I want to grow up to be strong and kind just like you!
- This is the start of a beautiful relationship. Happy Father’s Day, Big Guy!
- Daddy… thanks for all the cuddles, playtime, diaper changes, and for just being you. Happy Father’s Day!
Finally, here are some messages for a brother who’s experiencing his first Father’s Day.
- Happy First Father’s Day to my awesome brother. I never knew you had such a nurturing side, but I’m here for it.
- Happy First Father’s Day, Bro! I don’t know where you get the patience and energy to be such an attentive dad. I certainly didn’t get that gene!
- I still can’t believe my little brother is a dad – and an amazing dad at that. Happy Father’s Day, Bro!
- You were always such a nurturing and protective big brother, it’s only natural that you would turn out to be a great dad. Have a wonderful first Father’s Day, Bro. You deserve it.
- Happy First Father’s Day to a guy I’m proud to call my brother. I can tell you love being a dad – even when you’re changing a nasty diaper, you have a big smile on your face!
Don’t forget about all the other dads in your life. For clever messages you can post on social media, see this assortment of Father’s Day messages for all dads.
- 50 Extra-Merry Christmas Wishes For a Special Niece - November 20, 2023
- 50 Sparkling Ways to Wish People a Happy December - November 5, 2023
- Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas! 50 Glittery Greetings - October 30, 2023