Raising a son is one of the toughest jobs around, but it comes with some pretty nice fringe benefits. One of those benefits materializes when your boy grows up to have a family of his own. Hello, grandchildren!
When Father’s Day comes around in June, it brings with it the perfect opportunity to tell your son how you feel about him in his role as a dad. To help you find the words to express your feelings, we’ve assembled a list of Father’s Day wishes for a son. These greetings come in a variety of forms, so you can find one that fits your style and circumstances. At the end of the day, it’s all about letting your son know how much you care about him and the family he’s made.
Thinking about your son as a dad tends to produce strong emotions. Here are some Father’s Day messages for your son that are sweet, sincere, and poignant.
- As a father and a person, my son shines. Happy Father’s Day, Son.
- I’m in awe of what a great dad you are. But then, you always had the kindness, energy, and wisdom for the job. Happy Father’s Day, Son.
- You’ve always excelled at everything you’ve put your mind to, and fatherhood is no different. Happy Father’s Day to a son who’s wonderful in so many ways.
- Son… just wanted to wish you a Happy Father’s Day. I hope you know how much your family loves and appreciates you – not just for what you do as a dad, but for who you are as a person.
- I still remember the days when you were a little squirt. Now you’re a dad, and a dang good one at that. Happy Father’s Day, Son.
- My grandchildren deserve the best dad in the world, and that’s exactly what they’ve got. Happy Father’s Day, Son.
- Happy Father’s Day to a wonderful father, who also happens to be a wonderful son.
- Son… you are raising a beautiful family, and I know they love and appreciate you as much as we do. Have a wonderful Father’s Day.
- Have a great Father’s Day, Son. For the dad and person you are, you deserve nothing but the best.
- Best Father’s Day wishes to the best son ever. Give your family our love, and give yourself a big pat on the back for the job you’re doing as a dad.
- Only one man is qualified to raise my precious grandchildren, and that’s my precious son. Happy Father’s Day!
- Happy Father’s Day, Son. I’m proud of you for many reasons, including the wonderful job you do as a dad.
- We must have done something right raising you, because you’ve turned out to be a wonderful dad and person. Hope your Father’s Day is also wonderful.
- Happy Father’s Day to our wonderful son. We’re so proud of you and the beautiful family you’ve made.
- Son… hope your Father’s Day is filled with joy. You’ve certainly brought plenty of joy to your parents and everyone else whose life you have touched.
- Happy Father’s Day, Son. Thanks to your hard work and determination, your kids are getting advantages you never had growing up. You’re doing great.
- We couldn’t ask for a better son or a better father for our grandchildren. Sending you our love and best wishes for a Happy Father’s Day.
- Happy Father’s Day, Son. Take it from someone with lots of experience as a parent… you’re doing a fantastic job.
- I can’t tell you how great it is to watch my son grow up to have a family of his own. So I’ll just tell you I love you and Happy Father’s Day, and leave it at that.
- Happy Father’s Day to my wonderful son. The hard work and love you put into being a dad are making a big difference in the lives of your children.
- We raised a pretty special son, who’s turned out to be a pretty amazing dad. Happy Father’s Day.
- You’re a loving son, a doting father, and an all-around wonderful person. Hope you have the fantastic Father’s Day you deserve.
- As a father and son, you’re second to none! Happy Father’s Day!
Father’s Day is known for funny greetings. Here are some witty messages designed to make your son smile.
- Happy Father’s Day, Son. Fortunately, it appears your child has all of your intelligence and charm, with only a fraction of the naughtiness.
- Son… it’s been a joy watching you raise your kids, especially since they’re keeping you as busy as you kept us all those years. Hope you have a “relaxing” Father’s Day!
- Happy Father’s Day, Son. Being a dad is tough. Good thing you’re raising a perfect angel who never does anything wrong.
- Happy Father’s Day, Son! You’re a pretty amazing dad. In fact, you’re so amazing, you might want to think about branching out with a few more kids.
- Son… you’re doing an phenomenal job as a dad. Somehow you’ve managed to keep your kids level-headed despite our ongoing efforts to spoil them rotten.
- Have a fantastic Father’s Day, Son. Hope the kids give you a chance to relax. Just don’t let your guard down too much – that’s when they get ya!
- Happy Father’s Day, Son. I hope you don’t mind, but I’m taking all the credit for you being such an amazing parent.
- Son… remember to look impressed when your kids hand you their artwork, even if you can’t tell what it is. Just a little tip for Father’s Day. Have a great one!
- Happy Father’s Day, Son. You’re welcome for the many lessons I taught you that led you to become such a great parent.
- Have a great Father’s Day, Son. Don’t worry – I won’t tell your kids about all the trouble you got into when you were growing up. That is, as long as certain conditions are met…
- Son… hope you get a chance to rest and recharge this Father’s Day. It looks like you need all the energy you can get to keep up with those kids.
- Happy Father’s Day, Son. Not sure where you learned to be such a great dad, because honestly, we were just winging it with you.
Here are some Father’s Day wishes written specifically from father to son.
- Son… you couldn’t be a better dad, and I couldn’t be a prouder one. Happy Father’s Day.
- Happy Father’s Day, Son. The job you’re doing as a dad is truly remarkable. But then, you did learn from the best!
- Happy Father’s Day, Son. Being a dad is never easy, but we both lucked out with some great kids.
- Happy Father’s Day, Son! This is where I would share some advice or a quote on fatherhood, but honestly, you don’t need it. You’re doing everything right.
- The student has become the master. Happy Father’s Day, and kudos on the amazing job you’re doing raising an amazing family.
- Happy Father’s Day to a top-notch dad. You obviously learned well from my mistakes.
- I think we both deserve a big pat on the back for the job we’ve done raising some amazing kids. Happy Father’s Day from one dad to another.
- Happy Father’s Day to a great dad. I wish I could say I taught you everything you know, but the truth is, you were born for this.
- Being a father isn’t easy – it takes a lot of hard work and dad-ication. Sorry, couldn’t resist celebrating Father’s Day with a little dad joke. Have a great day, Son!
- Happy Father’s Day to the world’s second best dad.
Here are a handful of Father’s Day greetings from mother to son.
- Thanks for promoting me from Mom to Grandma. It’s a pretty sweet gig! Happy Father’s Day, Son!
- Happy Father’s Day from Mom. Our family has been blessed with some great dads, and you are doing us proud by carrying on the tradition.
- Happy Father’s Day to a wonderful, loving dad. Watching you raise your child reminds me of the days when I had a sweet little guy of my own.
- Congratulations on raising some smart, kind, talented, and beautiful children… who take after their grandma! Happy Father’s Day, Son!
- Happy Father’s Day from Mom! Hope those adorable kids of yours know how lucky they are to have a dad like you. If not, Grandma will explain it to them.
- Take it from someone who knows you pretty well… you’re doing an amazing job as a dad. Now listen to your mom and have yourself a great Father’s Day.
- Happy Father’s Day to a great papa. I can tell you love being a dad to your little one as much as I loved (and still love) being a mom to you.
- Happy Father’s Day from your adoring mom. I hope you realize what a great dad you are. If not, let me know and I will remind you more often.
- Have a wonderful Father’s Day. If you need a break from the kids, feel free send them over to Grandma!
- Happy Father’s Day to an amazing papa… from his proud mama.