Anyone who embraces the job of dad deserves recognition on Father’s Day. That includes our own dads (whether they’re still with us or not), other dads in the family, and our dad friends. And it most certainly includes any sons-in-law who are helping bring up those precious grandchildren.
For a son-in-law, a simple Father’s Day greeting is enough to show that you value his efforts as a dad. But what to say? That’s not always clear cut, especially if the relationship – as is the case in many relationships between in-laws – isn’t so tight-knit.
Regardless of what type of relationship you have with your son-in-law, you can find a fitting Father’s Day wish for him in the following list. That’s because we’ve assembled a wide assortment of options, from the straightforward to the silly. The greetings may differ in tone, but they all send a loud-and-clear message that you appreciate your son-in-law and everything he does for his family.
Note: For a Father’s Day wish for a son, head over to this list.
Sometimes simple is best. The following Father’s Day greetings get directly to the point and are appropriate for just about any son-in-law.
- Great father. Great husband. Great son-in-law. Happy Father’s Day to a guy who’s just plain great!
- Only the best dad is qualified to raise our grandchild. Fortunately, my daughter found the right man for the job. Happy Father’s Day!
- Happy Father’s Day to an amazing son-in-law. It’s nice knowing our grandchildren are in such good hands.
- Son-in-law… hope your Father’s Day is as wonderful as you are. Thank you for being such a devoted husband and dad.
- Happy Father’s Day to our son-in-law. Thank you for everything you do for our daughter and grandchildren!
- Son-in-law… you must be doing something right, because you’re raising the most wonderful child in the universe. Happy Father’s Day!
- I know a great dad when I see one, and my son-in-law definitely fits the bill. Happy Father’s Day!
- To an amazing son-in-law… wishing you a Father’s Day full of fun, relaxation, and love.
- Happy Father’s Day from the in-laws! We’re so thankful for the time and energy you put into being the wonderful dad you are.
- Happy Father’s Day to a brilliant, fun, and caring guy. Your kids are lucky to have you as a dad, and we’re lucky to have you as a son-in-law.
- Happy Father’s Day to our son-in-law. Thank you for being a great provider and protector for your beautiful family.
- Our grandchildren are getting a great start in life thanks to their doting dad. Happy Father’s Day to our sensational son-in-law!
- Happy Father’s Day to a special son-in-law. I hope you know what a great dad you are, and how much your family appreciates it.
If you’re close with your son-in-law – or just have more of a sentimental nature – one of these heartfelt Father’s Day wishes might be the right call.
- It takes a great dad to raise a perfect angel like my grandchild. Happy Father’s Day.
- I will always be grateful to you for bringing my grandson into the world and taking such good care of him as he grows. Happy Father’s Day to the best son-in-law a person could ask for.
- Happy Father’s Day to the best son-in-law ever. You are a wonderful father and have been a great blessing to our family.
- Sending warm Father’s Day wishes to my remarkable son-in-law. The day my grandchild was born was one of the happiest days of my life. Thank you for that, and for continuing to bring joy to those around you.
- Happy Father’s Day to a guy I’m proud to call my son-in-law. You’re kind, smart, and funny, and it’s just wonderful that you’re passing along those traits to your children.
- Happy Father’s Day to our remarkable son-in-law. We admire your energy and appreciate all the love and support you give your family.
- One thing my daughter, grandchild and I have in common? We’re all lucky to have you in our lives. Happy Father’s Day to a guy who means so much to his family.
- Just wanted to wish my son-in-law a fantastic Father’s Day. You’re a truly great dad and deserve all the appreciation in the world for what you do.
- Happy Father’s Day to my outstanding son-in-law. With a father like you, my granddaughter really hit the jackpot.
- Sending you best wishes for a wonderful Father’s Day. I’m so thankful to have a son-in-law like you looking out for my precious grandchild.
No collection of Father’s Day greetings would be complete without some funny entries. Here are some cute and clever ways to wish your son-in-law a Happy Father’s Day.
- Happy Father’s Day from the in-laws. You’re raising some amazing kids, despite our best attempts to spoil them rotten.
- Happy Father’s Day to my son-in-law. Congrats on raising such a well-behaved child. I give you all the credit, because that certainly doesn’t come from our side of the family!
- Son-in-law… have a fun and relaxing Father’s Day. You need to recharge once in awhile to keep up with that family of yours.
- Happy Father’s Day, Son-in-Law! Tell my daughter she needs to do all the chores today – you’re going to be too busy basking in love and appreciation for the outstanding job you do as a dad.
- Have a great Father’s Day! You are raising some smart, talented, and beautiful children, who take after their grandma in so many ways!
- Happy Father’s Day to my favorite son-in-law! Okay, you’re my only son-in-law, but still, have a wonderful Dad’s Day!
- Son-in-law… I’d wish you a quiet and relaxing Father’s Day, but with my daughter and grandchildren around, that ain’t happening. So just have a Happy Father’s Day, okay?
- Just wanted to send a quick message because I know your Father’s Day wouldn’t be complete without hearing from your dear mother-in-law. Have a great day with the family!
- Here’s some advice on fatherhood from your in-laws… keep doing what you’re doing. You’re really good at this. Also, have a great Father’s Day!
- It takes a brave man to take the plunge into fatherhood. But then, you willingly joined our kooky family, so we knew you didn’t lack courage. Happy Father’s Day to our intrepid son-in-law!
- Happy Father’s Day to my dear son-in-law. Someday your daughter will appreciate everything you do for her. Of course, it hasn’t happened with mine yet, but that’s what I keep telling myself.
- Happy Father’s Day, Son-in-Law. Thank you for making me some wonderful grandchildren. Keep ’em coming.
- 50 Sparkling Ways to Wish People a Happy December - November 5, 2023
- Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas! 50 Glittery Greetings - October 30, 2023
- Happy Thanksgiving, Dad! 31 Warm and Funny Greetings - October 25, 2023