When it comes to fathers-in-law, your mileage may vary. Some father-in-law relationships are close and casual, while others are more distant and formal. But one thing is true across the board: fathers-in-law are central figures in the family and deserve some acknowledgement and appreciation on Father’s Day.
That said, figuring out what to say can be a challenge. Most of us are used to wishing our own dads a Happy Father’s Day, and have a better idea of what to say to other dads in the family, such as an uncle, brother or son. With a father-in-law, the right greeting might be a little harder to pinpoint.
Fortunately, we have some ideas for you to consider. Read on for a big collection of Father’s Day wishes for a father-in-law in a multitude of styles. Whether you think of your father-in-law as a second dad, or just the guy who sired your significant other, the perfect Father’s Day message awaits.
To start, here are some simple and straightforward Father’s Day greetings that are appropriate for just about any father-in-law.
- Happy Father’s Day to a fun, friendly and all-around fantastic father-in-law.
- Father-in-Law… hope you have a great Father’s Day. Now that there are no longer kids in the house, you can spend it doing whatever you damn well please.
- Happy Father’s Day to a special father-in-law. Congrats on raising some amazing kids, including my spouse.
- You’re not only a great father-in-law, but a great person. Hope your Father’s Day is also great.
- Happy Father’s Day to a wonderful father-in-law. Hope you reward yourself with a beer and a big pat on the back for everything you’ve done and continue to do for your family.
- Just because you’re not my actual dad doesn’t mean I can’t send you best wishes on Father’s Day. In fact, just try and stop me. Happy Father’s Day to a great father-in-law.
- Happy Father’s Day from your daughter-in-law. I don’t say it enough, but I really appreciate everything you’ve done for our family. Thanks for helping us in so many ways.
- My wife is lucky to have you for a dad, and I’m lucky to have you for a father-in-law. Happy Father’s Day to a great guy.
- Happy Father’s Day to my fantastic father-in-law. Thank you so much for all your advice, encouragement, and support.
- My husband is a wonderful man, and a lot of that has to do with the great role model he had growing up. Happy Father’s Day!
- You raised a very special daughter, and you have my thanks and appreciation for that. Have a great Father’s Day.
- Have an amazing Father’s Day! Now that your kids are grown, you should make this an occasion to pat yourself on the back for a job well done.
- Have a wonderful Father’s Day! I hope you know how much I value you as a father-in-law and friend.
- Father-in-Law… hope you treat yourself this Father’s Day. You deserve it for being an outstanding husband, father, and person.
- Happy Father’s Day to a great father-in-law, mentor, and role model. You mean so much to me and the rest of your family.
If you and your father-in-law are tight, a more emotional Father’s Day message might be in order.
- Happy Father’s day to a father-in-law who’s always treated me like one of his own. You’re the best.
- You’re more than a father-in-law to me. You’re like a second father. Thank you for that, and have a wonderful Father’s Day.
- Happy Father’s Day to my awesome father-in-law. The fact that my wife is such a great person tells me everything I need to know about the love and care you put into being a dad.
- You’re not only a father-in-law, but a father figure. Wishing you a wonderful Father’s Day for everything you do and everything you are.
- When I married my husband, I not only got a wonderful partner, but a second dad. Happy Father’s Day to one my favorite people in the world.
- You’re a great guy, an amazing dad, and the best father-in-law ever. Hope your Father’s Day is as wonderful as you are.
- You welcomed me into the family with open arms, and I will never forget that. Happy Father’s Day from a very thankful daughter-in-law.
- I may not be your biological daughter, but that’s how you’ve always treated me. Thank you, and have a wonderful Father’s Day.
- I can tell where my wife gets her warmth and kindness from. Happy Father’s Day to the nicest father-in-law a guy could ask for.
- Happy Father’s Day, Father-in-Law! I know your son appreciates what a great dad you are – if he didn’t, I would seriously question his judgement because you’re awesome.
- Being married to your son is great, and having you for a father-in-law is one hell of a bonus. Have a fantastic Father’s Day.
- Happy Father’s Day to my father-in-law. Thank you for being amazing in every way.
Finally, no list of Father’s Day messages would be complete without some humor. Here are some cute and clever Father’s Day wishes to share with your father-in-law.
- Happy Father’s Day to my favorite father-in-law.
- Had I known what a great father-in-law you would be, I would have married your daughter years earlier. Happy Father’s Day!
- Happy Father’s Day to a guy who somehow managed to raise my husband and still maintain his sanity.
- Happy Father’s Day! Thanks for getting my spouse to adulthood in one piece. That was quite the feat.
- To my amazing father-in-law… thank you for everything you’ve shared with me, especially the embarrassing details of my spouse’s childhood. Have a great Father’s Day.
- Happy Father’s Day to a guy who played a significant role in raising my significant other.
- Having you for a father-in-law is like having a second dad – a second dad who doesn’t know about all the dumb shit I did growing up. Happy Father’s Day!
- Happy Father’s Day to my father-in-law, who is an absolutely incredible dad. I’d ask you to adopt me, but it would raise a lot of questions about the family tree.
- Being a father is never easy, but being my husband’s father is a whole other degree of difficulty. Happy Father’s Day to a guy who clearly knows how to dad.
- Father-in-Law… wishing you a peaceful and relaxing Father’s Day. Now that your kids are grown up and out of the house, it might actually happen.
- Best Father’s Day wishes for my father-in-law, who would be horribly intimidating if he weren’t such a nice guy.
- Happy Father’s Day! I was going to get you a swanky present, but hey, you already hit the jackpot when you got me as your son-in-law.
- Happy Dad’s Day to my amazing father-in-law. Thanks for making me the perfect spouse!
Have a brother-in-law you’d like to wish a Happy Father’s Day? We have wording ideas for that as well.
- 50 Extra-Merry Christmas Wishes For a Special Niece - November 20, 2023
- 50 Sparkling Ways to Wish People a Happy December - November 5, 2023
- Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas! 50 Glittery Greetings - October 30, 2023