Sending out holiday greetings has always been a great way to reconnect with old friends and distant relatives. Of course, it also offers an opportunity to tighten bonds with the people who are closest to us. If you have a son, sending him the perfect Christmas message – whether it’s sweet, sentimental, or just silly – lets him know how much he means to you.
The question is, what is the perfect Christmas message for a son? That depends on your son’s personality, your relationship with him, and other factors too numerous to mention. One thing we can say for sure – a generic Christmas greeting will not fit the bill.
If you’re looking for ideas, check out the following list of Christmas wishes for a son. You might just find the ideal message for your son, or the inspiration you need to come up with your own unique wording. For someone so special, it’s worth the extra effort.
Note: Have a daughter, too? If so, you might want to check out our corresponding list of Christmas wishes for her.
- You’re the best gift I ever got. Merry Christmas to a wonderful son.
- Merry Christmas, Son! Now that you’re all grown up with a family of your own, you get to learn the in’s and out’s of assembling toys at the last minute!
- You’re not just on the Nice list – you’re at the very top! Merry Christmas to a wonderful son!
- Merry Christmas to you and that beautiful family of yours. Give them all a big Christmas kiss from me!
- You have a starring role in so many of my favorite holiday memories. Merry Christmas to a truly wonderful son.
- Merry Christmas to my son and daughter-in-law. I know your holidays will be joyful because you each have a wonderful person to spend them with.
- Even Santa’s sleigh couldn’t hold all the love I have for you. Merry Christmas, Son.
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to an amazing son-in-law. Hope the holidays give you a chance to recharge – you need it to keep up with that family of yours!
- Merry Christmas, Son. Hope you get everything you want this year. I already got everything I could ask for when you were born.
- One thing I learned when you were a kid: The son rises early on Christmas morning. Hope you have plenty of presents under the tree to be excited about this Christmas.
- Son… enjoy every moment with your family this Christmas. Those memories are precious and bring joy for years to come. I know, because thoughts of you as a little boy at Christmastime still warm my heart.
- Merry Christmas, Son! If you don’t like your present this year, just remember… you got your good looks from me, and that’s truly the gift that keeps on giving!
- Just wanted to send some Christmas cheer your way after all the years of joy you’ve brought me. Merry Christmas to a wonderful son.
- It’s cold outside, but my heart is warm with thoughts of you. Merry Christmas to a guy I’m proud to call my son.
- Wishing you the very best this Christmas and in the year to come. Hope you know how much you mean to me and the rest of your family. You’re an amazing son and a just plain wonderful person.
- Merry Christmas to an amazing son-in-law! Hope you get a chance to relax, decompress, and enjoy some time with your family over the holidays.
- You may be far away this Christmas, but you’re never far from my thoughts. Merry Christmas to my fantastic son.
- You make the holidays sparkle a little more. Merry Christmas to a wonderful son.
- Happy Holidays to my smart, talented, and kind son. May your Christmas be as wonderful as you are.
- Merry Christmas to my son and his [boyfriend/girlfriend]. Hope you make some amazing memories this holiday season.
- Merry Christmas a guy who spent all of his teenage years on the Naughty list!
- Wishing you the merriest Christmas ever, Son. You deserve nothing but joy this Christmas and in the year to come.
- Merry Christmas to one fantastic son, from two proud, grateful, and loving parents.
- I heard you made the Nice list this year. Apparently Santa doesn’t follow you on social media. Anyway, Merry Christmas to my “nice” son!
- Thinking of you fills me with cheer, not just at Christmas but all through the year. Merry Christmas to an amazing son!
- Merry Christmas to a son who has always made the holidays merry and bright.
- Having a son like you is the gift that keeps on giving. Merry Christmas!