Dads can be embarrassing, what with their godawful jokes, questionable fashion choices, and untamed nasal hair. Still, when Dad’s birthday comes around, it’s time to set all that aside, pull your father close, and show some appreciation for a truly important person in your life. You can go back to being exasperated with the old man tomorrow.
The question is, how are you going to wish your father a Happy Birthday? Whether you choose something sweet and sincere, or funny and irreverent, largely depends on what kind of relationship you have with your pop. To find a birthday wish that will make your pappy happy, read on.
To start, here are some succinct Happy Birthday messages for Dad.
- Happy Birthday to my cool Pop!
- Happy Birthday to the Best Dad Ever!
- The Best Dad Ever deserves the Best Birthday Ever. Enjoy!
- Having you as a Dad never gets old. Happy Birthday, Pop!
- Happy Birthday to one of my favorite parents!
- Happy Birthday from your favorite kid!
- You’re the tops, Pop! Happy Birthday!
- Happy Birthday to a great Dad, from your greatest creation!
- Happy Birthday to my sweet Dad! I love you!
- Happy Birthday to the man, the myth, the legend… my Dad!
- Hope you have fun on your birthday, Dad! But be sure to be home by 11!
When most people search for a birthday message for Dad, they go for laughs. Here are some funny birthday wishes to give your pop a chuckle. For more ideas, check out this list of “old man” birthday wishes.
- How did the Papa Bear open his birthday present?
With his bear hands!
Thought you’d enjoy this un-bear-able Dad joke on your birthday. Have a great one!
- Happy Birthday to the person I call first whenever I am in deep shit.
- Dad… thanks for teaching me to be strong, keep my word, and most important of all, never trust a fart.
- Happy Birthday to the man I depend on for guidance, and occasionally, money.
- Hey Dad! Don’t worry, I’m not in trouble this time. I just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday.
- Dad, for your birthday you deserve a day off. So I’m not going to bother you with any of my problems for one whole day. But do please be on call in case of emergency.
- Happy Birthday to a man of few words… or as I like to call you, Silent But Dadly.
- Happy Birthday to the coolest dad I know! (Although to be honest, the competition isn’t all that great.)
- [Age] years and still going strong. If raising me didn’t kill you, I guess nothing will. Happy Birthday!
- Happy Birthday, Dad! I hope I’m just like you when I’m your age… except for the clothes, the politics, your taste in music, and the flatulence issue.
- Happy Birthday, Dad! Hope you’re planning to stick around for many more years, because I’m going to need your help fixing shit for a long, long time.
- You look great for your age, Dad. And just think how good you’d look if I hadn’t take years off your life!
- Happy Birthday to my do-it-yourself Dad. Hope the only thing you’re fixing today is a nice drink.
- Happy Birthday! Your Dad bod seems to be holding up nicely!
- Happy Birthday to my father, a man who ages like fine wine but usually smells like bourbon.
- Dad, you are the greatest. And no, I’m not sucking up because I want something. I’m sucking up because it’s your birthday and I didn’t get you anything!
- Happy Birthday, Pop! I know you’re sporting a few more gray hairs these days, but honestly, quite a few of them probably came from raising me!
Here are some heartfelt and sincere sentiments to share with your father on his birthday.
- On this date, the man I admire most in the world was born. Happy Birthday, Dad.
- You should be proud of the life you’ve lived, Dad. You provided food and shelter for the family, but more than that, you provided a great example of how to live. Hope you have the wonderful birthday you richly deserve. I love you.
- Happy Birthday to a wonderful father. I hope you take some time to do something nice for yourself today. You’ve given so much to others – especially me.
- Dad… you were like a superhero to me growing up, and guess what? You still are! Happy Birthday!
- Hey Dad… just wanted to send you my love on your birthday. You really are the greatest, and I’m so lucky to have had you in my corner all these years. Happy Birthday!
- Dads like you don’t come along very often. In fact, I’m not aware of any others in the past [age] years. Have a very Happy Birthday, Pop!
- Happy Birthday to the Best Dad Ever. You’ve always been there for me, and I want you to know how much I appreciate it. Now it’s time to kick back and do something nice for yourself.
- Dad, I’ve thought you were great since the day we first met. Happy Birthday!
- I might only say it two days a year, but I feel it every day – I’m proud to have you as a father. Have a great birthday, Dad!
- Happy Birthday, Dad! I keep thinking that you’re going to slow down one of these years, but you never do. Thanks for setting an impossible example for the rest of us to follow!
- I know many people think their dad is the best, but… they’re all wrong. My dad is, was, and always has been the best father in the world. Happy Birthday!
- Hope you have an extra-special birthday, Dad. You certainly made every one of my birthdays special over the years.
- Dad, for your birthday I really wanted to repay you for everything you’ve given me over the years. But I can’t, because what you gave me is priceless. The best I can do is wish you a very special birthday, with many more to come.
- No matter how old you get, you will always be my Dad. I hope that makes you as happy as it makes me. Have a great birthday, Dad.
Here are some birthday messages from a daughter.
- Happy Birthday to my first love, my father.
- Happy Birthday, Dad! Wish I could be there to give you a big hug. I owe you one.
- Happy Birthday to the man who spoiled me rotten. Hope you spoil yourself today, Dad!
- Happy Birthday to my sweet father. I’m proud to say that I will always be your little girl.
Finally, here are some birthday wishes to Dad from a son.
- Happy Birthday to the man who taught me how to whiz standing up. Thanks for all the life lessons, Dad.
- Happy Birthday, Dad! Thanks for blessing me with these awesome genes!
- Happy Birthday, Pop! I hope I look as good as you when I’m your age.
- My Dad and my best friend have the same birthday. That’s because they’re the same person. Happy Birthday, Dad!