Thanksgiving is based on the simple-but-important idea that at least once a year, we ought to take time to count our blessings. For most people, the list starts with family and friends. If you have people who care about you, then you have something to truly be grateful for – even if you can’t afford the biggest Butterball in the freezer section.
Based on that, it follows that saying Happy Thanksgiving to family and friends should be a top priority. To help you check it off your list, here are some unique Thanksgiving messages you can send to the VIPs in your life. Some of these Thanksgiving wishes are sweet and sentimental, while others are clever, playful or just plain funny.
Note: These messages are geared toward people with whom you have a personal relationship. If you’re in business, you might want to consider a different sort of Thanksgiving message for your clients.
Here are some genuine and heartfelt Thanksgiving messages.
- Happy Thanksgiving to my family and friends. I’m thankful for many things, but you guys top the list.
- May the turkey leg be yours this Thanksgiving.
- Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you enjoy some moist turkey on your dinner table, and some juicy gossip around it.
- I hope your Thanksgiving table is full of your favorite food and surrounded by your favorite people.
- Whenever I want to feel thankful, I just look at my Facebook Friends list.
- Happy Thanksgiving to the people who make me thankful to be me.
- Hope you have plenty to be thankful for this Thanksgiving and over the coming year.
- Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. With friends like you, my cup runneth over.
- May the wishbone snap in your favor this Thanksgiving.
Here are some Thanksgiving messages for someone who is particularly dear to you, like a best friend, a sister, a brother, or the like.
- THANKS for GIVING me so much love, kindness, and support.
- I’ll let other people snap the wishbone this year. With you in my life, I’d feel greedy wishing for anything more.
- What am I thankful for this Thanksgiving? You – the same thing I’m thankful for every day.
- A best friend is someone who lets you have the last piece of pumpkin pie.
- I don’t have to remind myself to be grateful. I just have to think of you.
Finally, here are some whimsical Thanksgiving wishes for family and friends. You might also find some fun wording ideas in our list of turkey puns.
- This Thanksgiving, my heart is bursting with gratitude, and my pants are bursting with several helpings of mashed potatoes.
- I was going to wish you a Happy Turkey Day, but I didn’t want to use any fowl language.
- This Thanksgiving, may your heart be as full as your belly.
- Thanksgiving is here, and I cran-barely contain my excitement. Hope you have a great Turkey Day.
- Hope your Thanksgiving Day is full of fun, food, family, and most importantly, football.
- Hope your relatives stay relatively sober and relatively non-political this Thanksgiving.
- Turkey Day is the moist wonderful time of the year.
- May your Thanksgiving Day be full of excitement… except for a couple of hours in there when you want to take a nap.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for in this collection of original Thanksgiving messages, you might want to switch gears and employ a famous quote. Fortunately, many profound words have been spoken on the subject of thankfulness over the years.