“The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.” That’s the title of an old poem, as well as a powerful statement about the importance of motherhood. Indeed, not only do mothers rule the world, but they just… rule.
To many of us, our moms are so central in our lives that it can be hard to find the words to express how we feel. And yet, when Mother’s Day comes around, we have to try. After all, it’s the one day of the year set aside for honoring someone who actually deserves thanks every single day.
If the right Mother’s Day message is eluding you, check out the following list of Happy Mother’s Day wishes that will make mom swoon.
Here are some short and sweet messages you can scribble in a Mother’s Day card or fire off in a text message.
- Happy Mother’s Day to a mother like no other!
- To my mom, my role model, and my best friend… Happy Mother’s Day.
- You’ve always been an angel to me, even when I was a little devil to you. Happy Mom’s Day!
- You were the glue that kept our family together and the spark that made my childhood so much fun.
- Happy Mother’s Day to the person who gave me life and taught me love.
- Mom, you gave me a wonderful childhood and continue to bring joy to my life. Thank you so much.
- We’ve had our differences, but I’ve never doubted your love. Thank you for all the sacrifices and hard work over the years.
- If you weren’t such a great mother, there’s no way you could have handled a brat like me!
- I really won the “Mom Lotto” with you. Happy Mother’s Day to a lady who’s one in a million!
- Just want to make sure you know how much I love and appreciate you, not just on Mother’s Day but every day.
- Mom, I’ve loved you my whole life, but I haven’t always appreciated you like I should. Thank you for everything.
- Happy Mother’s Day to the most loving, dedicated, and patient mother in the whole world!
- I wish everyone could have a mom like you. The world would be a much better place.
- There are no words to express how I feel about you, so I’ll just say thank you, I love you, and Happy Mother’s Day.
Too sappy? If you’re looking for a more edgy or offbeat message, check out this list.
The relationship between a mother and daughter is special, and that calls for a special type of message. Here are some ideas.
- They say all women turn into their mothers. I hope it’s true.
- I hope I can be half the mother to my children that you were to me.
- I never knew how hard it was to be a mom because you made it look so easy!
- Happy Mother’s Day to the person who knows me better than I know myself.
- Mom, thanks for setting a great example of what it means to be a woman, a mother, and a good person.
- I know it’s not easy raising a daughter. Thanks for always loving me, even in my teen years!
- I’m so lucky I get to have you as a mom and a best friend.
Here are a few sweet messages from a son to his number one fan, his mom.
- “A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.”
- Happy Mother’s Day from your headstrong, often naughty, and (more recently) very appreciative son.
- “Men are what their mothers made them.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Mom, you always believed in me more than I believed in myself, and I can’t thank you enough for that.
- I might not be your “little man” anymore, but you still have all my love. Happy Mother’s Day!
You know what Mom always says… if you can’t think of something original to say, copy some famous person. Or something like that.
- “God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.”
- “A mother’s heart is the child’s schoolroom.”
Henry Ward Beecher
- “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity. It dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.”
Agatha Christie (The Hound of Death)
- “All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.”
- “No gift to your mother can ever equal her gift to you – life.”
- “My mother is a never ending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune.”
- “A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.”
- “Who fed me from her gentle breast
And hushed me in her arms to rest,
And on my cheek sweet kisses prest?
My Mother.”Jane Taylor
- “Youth fades, love droops, the leaves of friendship fall; A mother’s secret hope outlives them all.”
Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.”