What does Valentine’s Day mean to you? For some, it’s a celebration of romance. For others, it’s all about the chocolate. For still others, it’s just a conspiracy to sell greeting cards.
Whatever else it may be, Valentine’s Day is a great opportunity to express your love to all the special people in your life. That includes, of course, your father – one of your first and most enduring loves.
If you’re wondering what to say to your dad on Valentine’s Day, we have two dozen different greetings for you to pick from. These Valentine’s Day wishes for a father include messages in a variety of styles, from heartfelt to humorous. We’ve even categorized them for you, so you can easily find one that’s perfect for your sweetheart of a dad.
Note: Don’t forget about Mom! We have an equally lovely list of Valentine’s Day wishes for a mother.
Here are some heartfelt Valentine’s messages that express your love for Dad.
- Happy Valentine’s Day to a Dad who’s all heart.
- Happy Valentine’s Day to a loving father and a wonderful man. Love you, Dad!
- Valentine’s Day is a time to celebrate all the people we love, and you’re at the top of my list! Happy Valentine’s Day, Dad!
- Thinking of you warms my heart even on the coldest days of winter. Happy Valentine’s Day to my wonderful father.
- Pardon the flowery language, but I hope everything comes up roses for you this Valentine’s Day. Love you, Dad!
- Happy Valentine’s Day to my amazing Dad! Hope you get all the chocolate your heart desires!
- Happy Valentine’s Day, Dad! Hope you and Mom get to do something special together.
- You were my first Valentine and I will always be sweet on you. Happy Valentine’s Day, Dad!
Here are some emotional Valentine’s Day messages that tell Dad what he means to you in no uncertain terms.
- I can heart-ly believe how lucky I am to have a Dad like you. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- I wouldn’t trade you for a lifetime supply of chocolate. Happy Valentine’s Day, Daddy!
- Happy Valentine’s Day to a guy who will always have a special place in my heart… my wonderful Dad.
- There’s no purer love than the love between a parent and a child. Happy Valentine’s Day to a wonderful father.
- I love you on February 14 and every other day of the year. Happy Valentine’s Day, Daddy!
- Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Valentine’s Day is sweeter,
With a Dad like you!
- Dad… you’ve given me so much over the years, but by far the most valuable thing you’ve given me is your love. Happy Valentine’s Day.
- Sending a big Valentine’s Day smooch to my wonderful father! Love you, Dad!
Some people express their love through laughter. If that’s you, you might want to consider one of these silly Valentine’s Day messages for dear old Dad. For more Valentine’s Day humor that Dad will appreciate, check out our list of heart puns.
- Happy Valentine’s Day, Dad! Thanks for loving me even when I didn’t deserve it!
- Happy Valentine’s Day to my amazing Papa! If you were a Valentine’s candy, you’d be the kind with lots of good stuff inside.
- Happy Valentine’s Day, Dad! Hope you and Mom do something romantic, and that I never, ever hear about the details.
- Happy Valentine’s Day, Dad! Also, don’t forget to get flowers for Mom, or else it might not be such a happy day for you!
- Dad, I love you more than I love Valentine’s candy… especially those chalky hearts with the cheesy sayings. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Dad… you were my first Valentine, and it’s been all downhill since. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Did you hear about the saggy flower? When Valentine’s Day came, it rose to the occasion! Just a little Dad joke for you on Valentine’s Day!
- I love you more than I love half-priced candy on February 15! Happy Valentine’s Day, Pop!