Daughter-in-law relationships tend to fall into two categories. One is the tense kind that makes for good jokes and gossip. The other is the blissful sort where the daughter-in-law practically becomes a daughter in fact.
Whatever type of relationship you have with your daughter-in-law, it’s important to wish her a Happy Birthday when the big day comes around. Here’s a collection of birthday wishes for a daughter-in-law in a variety of styles, so you can pick the one that works for you. These birthday messages are ideal for writing in a card, sharing on Facebook, or just sending out in a text message.
- Happy Birthday, daughter-in-law! Actually, can we just drop the “in-law” part? You’re like a daughter to me.
- Hope you get lots of presents on your birthday. You already gave us a great gift the day you chose to join our family.
- Happy Birthday to my beautiful daughter-in-law. We love and appreciate you so much.
- Happy Birthday to the wonderful lady who keeps my son in line.
- It’s your birthday – let your husband do all the work today. You can tell him I said so.
- God brought you into the world on this day, and fate brought you into our family. Happy Birthday to a daughter-in-law who truly makes our world complete.
- Happy Birthday, [Name]! To be honest, I didn’t think my son would ever find a wife good enough for him. I’ve never been so happy to be wrong.
- What did we ever do to deserve a sweet daughter-in-law like you? Hope your birthday is as special as you are.
- I’d wish you lots of surprises on your birthday, but then every day with our son is full of surprises. So instead, I’ll just wish you luck. 😉
- Happy Birthday to one of the strongest women I know. She has to be, in order to deal with my son year after year!
- Happy Birthday to a great wife, mother, and daughter-in-law. Every year that goes by, we grow to love and appreciate you even more.
- Happy Birthday to a special daughter-in-law and an all-around wonderful person.
- Happy Birthday to a dear daughter-in-law. You continue to amaze us with your wit, kindness, energy, patience, and strength.
- Happy Birthday, daughter-in-law. You chose to be part of our family, and guess what? We’re keeping you.
- Happy Birthday to my daughter-in-law, who somehow is even more gorgeous than the day my son married her.
- Happy Birthday! Since there’s no such thing as Daughter-in-Law Day, I thought this would be the best time to tell you how much we love and appreciate you.
- We love you for all the things that you do, not just on your birthday but the whole year through. Happy Birthday to a daughter-in-law who does it all.
- As your mother-in-law, it’s my job to criticize you whenever possible. Unfortunately, you make my job exceedingly difficult. Happy Birthday to a frustratingly perfect daughter-in-law.
- Our DIL is a VIP in our family. Happy Birthday from your PIL (Proud In-Laws).
- Happy Birthday! Wishing you a day full of wine, good food, and everything else a wonderful daughter-in-law like you deserves.
Figuring out how to wish your daughter-in-law a Happy Mother’s Day can also be tricky. Fortunately, we have an article for that, too.