Growing up, you may not have always been thrilled that your brother was around. In fact, from time to time, you may have cursed the day he was born. Don’t feel bad. Sibling relationships can get downright brutal at times, and a brother – because he knows you best – can push your buttons like no one else.
That said, when you get older, you probably feel much differently about your bro. You laugh off all those petty fights, remember the fun times, and most of all, appreciate having someone in the world who is so much like you. That connection is what makes your brother’s birthday something that’s genuinely worth celebrating.
When choosing a birthday greeting for a brother, many people go the humorous route. But that’s hardly the only option. The right message depends on you, your brother, and the unique relationship between the two of you. To help you find the perfect wording, here’s a huge list of birthday messages for a brother.
To start off, here are some birthday wishes for bro that get right to the point. For more short birthday wishes, see this article.
- Happy Birthday to Mom’s second favorite child.
- Best birthday wishes to my smart, hilarious, goofy, and all-around amazing brother! Love you, bro!
- Happy Birthday to a truly great guy, my brother.
- Another year older, and still immature as hell. You do you, brother!
- Happy Birthday to my favorite brother!
- Oh brother… another birthday? Well, have a good one, bro!
- Happy Birthday to my brother from the same mother.
- HBD to the BBE (Happy Birthday to the Best Brother Ever).
- Happy Birthday to a brother like no other.
- Just wanted to wish my dear brother an amazing birthday. You’re the best, bro!
- Happy Birthday to the coolest guy I know… my brother!
Here are some birthday wishes designed to give your brother a good laugh. If your brother is older, you may also want to check out these “old man” birthday messages.
- Happy Birthday to a brother who was always there to help me up when I fell. Right after he stopped laughing.
- Happy Birthday, brother! I want you to know that I think about you at least once a week… usually when I’m in therapy.
- Happy Birthday to my brother, who shares half his DNA with me, but always refused to share anything else unless Mom made him.
- Mom always liked you best! But I can’t blame her – you are pretty great. Hope you have an amazing birthday, bro.
- Brothers like you are hard to find, and harder to get rid of. Happy Birthday, bro!
- Happy Birthday to my fantastic bro! May we always be close, because we have too much dirt on each other to ever be enemies.
- Happy Birthday, bro! I love you, and I’m not just saying that because Mom made me.
- I was going to get you an expensive gift for your birthday, but then I realized that being related to me is more than enough. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday full of thoughts of your amazing sibling.
- Happy Birthday to my handsome, smart, and talented brother. By the way, are you sure you’re not adopted?
- Happy Birthday, you dirty old bastard! (Please don’t tell Mom I sent this.)
Want to convey your sincere appreciation for your brother? Here are some birthday greetings that do just that.
- Growing up with you for a brother was never boring, often dangerous, and usually hilarious. Thanks for the adventures – and Happy Birthday!
- You’re not just my brother. You’re my best friend. Hope your birthday is as amazing as you are.
- You’re an amazing brother to me, and an equally amazing uncle to my kids. Happy Birthday, bro – we love ya.
- Hey bro… I wish you a Happy Birthday. In fact, I wish you a full year of happiness ahead. You deserve all the best things in life.
- Happy Birthday, brother! I’m so glad you were born. Life just wouldn’t be the same without you.
- Just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday. I’m so lucky to have you as a brother. You will always be my best buddy.
- Happy Birthday to my childhood companion and lifelong friend. Happy Birthday, brother!
- When I recall memories from my childhood, you’re always there. I’m so grateful that you’re still in my life, and I look forward to many more years of having you as a brother. Have a wonderful birthday.
- Hope you have a fantastic, fun-filled birthday surrounded by people who love you. My brother deserves nothing but the best.
- Happy Birthday to my childhood playmate, my confidante, my protector, my sometime-drinking buddy, my hero, my pal, my brother.
Here are some birthday messages tailored to an older brother.
- You’ve always been my older brother. Now you’re also my old brother. Happy Birthday!
- Happy Birthday to my guardian angel. Thanks for always being there for me, bro.
- Best birthday wishes for my big brother. Thanks for being older than me, bro!
- Happy Birthday, big brother. You’re still my hero.
- Happy Birthday to my older brother. Emphasis on older. Born years before me. In case I’m not being clear, you’re old.
Here are some clever birthday wishes for a younger brother.
- Happy Birthday, baby brother! I want you to know that you coming along was the best thing that ever happened to me as a kid. After all, I got away with a lot more stuff when Mom and Dad’s attention was divided!
- I was none too happy when you were born, but I gotta admit you’re slowly winning me over. Happy Birthday, little brother.
- Happy Birthday to my little brother, who is not so little anymore.
- Happy Birthday to my wonderful baby brother. Bro, I’ve been proud of you since the day you were born.
- Happy Birthday to my little bother – I mean brother!
From a Brother
Here are some brother-to-brother birthday greetings.
- Best birthday wishes to my brother, a guy who looks eerily similar to me. Handsome devil.
- Happy Birthday, bro! What are the odds that we would both make it to adulthood? I thought the only question was whether we would kill each other by accident or on purpose.
- Happy Birthday to my awesome brother. There’s no one quite like you… but I’m proud to say that I come pretty damn close.
- Hey brother… for your birthday, I wish you all the best things in life. You already have a great brother, so that’s a start.
- Happy Birthday to my amazing bro! If there was a contest for best brother in the world, you’d for sure come in second.
From a Sister
Finally, here are some birthday wishes to a brother from a sister.
- We must have fought growing up
As brothers and sisters do
But all I recall is how lucky I felt
To have a brother as nice as you
Happy Birthday to my wonderful brother!
- Happy Birthday to my awesome brother… from your favorite sister.
- Birthdays are a good time to be grateful for all the wonderful things you have, like your nice home, your loving wife, and last but not least, your amazing sister.
- As I’ve gotten older, I’ve come to appreciate how great it was to have a brother growing up. After all, without you, I wouldn’t have had anyone to blame for all the bad stuff I did.
- Happy Birthday to an amazing guy… from a sister who loves him very much.