Sisters can be sweet, quirky, supportive, and fun-loving. They can also be annoying, bossy, nosy, and even downright mean. But at the end of the day, you gotta love your sis because, well, Mom said so.
One of the most obvious (not to mention obligatory) ways to show your sister some love is to send her a message on her birthday. Of course, just as sibling relationships are all over the map, birthday wishes for a sister come in many different forms. To help you find the perfect wording, here’s a big selection of sisterly birthday greetings in a variety of styles.
Have a special relationship with your sis? Here are some sweet and sincere b-day wishes for her. For more ideas, check out our list of ways to say “Happy Birthday, Beautiful!”
- A birthday kiss for my amazing sis! I’m sure you’ll find fun and adventure on your big day, just as you do every day.
- Happy Birthday to a great sister, a wonderful friend, and an all-around amazing person!
- Your birthday always reminds me of how lucky I am to have had someone like you to grow up with. Thanks for being you.
- When we were kids, I just wanted to get away from you. Now, I can’t get enough of you! Happy Birthday, sis!
- Happy Birthday to someone who made my childhood a joy. When your sister is your best friend, every night is like a sleepover.
- Happy Birthday to my awesome sister! I’m so glad I get to go through life with you!
- To my beautiful sister… hope your birthday is every bit as fun and amazing as you are!
- Happy Birthday to my friend, confidant, and sometime-therapist. In other words, Happy Birthday to my sister!
- Thanks for being born, sis! Without you, life would be way too boring to even contemplate.
- Happy Birthday, sis! You were my first friend, and you’re still my best!
- Happy Birthday to my wonderful sister. We used to never get along. Now I don’t know how I could get along without her.
- Happy Birthday, sis! Thanks for being you, and for always being there for me.
- The Best Sister Ever deserves the Best Birthday Ever. Hope your day is simply awesome!
Here are some humorous and irreverent birthday messages for a sister.
- Happy Birthday, sis! Now that we’re older, I’ve come to realize that you’re not half as evil as I thought!
- Your birthday always reminds me of how lucky we were that we didn’t kill each other growing up. Have a great one, sis!
- You’re the most annoying person in the world, but somehow I still love you. Happy Birthday, sis!
- Happy Birthday to the person who witnessed most of my childhood injuries, and caused quite a few of them.
- We used to fight like cats and dogs, but now I think you’re a doggone purr-fect sister. Happy Birthday!
- Happy Birthday to my sister, who keeps me sane… when she’s not driving me crazy.
- As a gift for your birthday, I decided not to tell everyone on social media how old you are today. You’re welcome!
- Happy Birthday to my wonderful sister! It would be nice if everyone could have a sister like you, but I sure as hell ain’t sharing!
- Happy Birthday to my sister, a lady who knows way too many embarrassing childhood secrets about me.
- Happy Birthday to someone who’s like a sister to me. (Oh wait, you’re my actual sister.)
- Happy Birthday to my badass sister!
Here are some birthday messages crafted for an older sister.
- Remember when you liked being older than me? Payback’s a bitch, isn’t it? Happy Birthday, sis!
- Happy Birthday to a big sister who always looked out for me when I was growing up. I wouldn’t have made it this far without you!
- Happy Birthday to my older sister, who looks like my younger sister. Bitch.
- You’ve been my best friend since the day I was born. Happy Birthday, big sister!
- My guardian angel is a year older today. Happy Birthday, sis!
Here are some options for a little sister. Depending on sissy’s age, you might also want to check out these birthday wishes for a little girl.
- Happy Birthday, little sis! I’m really glad you were born, even if I wasn’t too happy about it at the time.
- Little sisters are so annoying, especially when their birthdays roll around and you’re reminded that they will always be younger than you.
- Happy Birthday, little sister! I won’t tell everyone how old you are, as long as you don’t tell anyone that I’m even older than you. Deal?
- The best present I ever got was when Mom and Dad brought you home from the hospital. Hope you get everything you want for your birthday, sis. You deserve it.
- Happy Birthday, kid! Remember, no matter how many wrinkles you get or how low your boobs hang, you’ll always be my little sis.
- My little sister is a year older! And yes, I will still hurt anyone who messes with her!
From a Sister
Here are some birthday wishes to a sister from a sister
- Happy Birthday to my doppelganger (aka my sister)!
- Happy Birthday to my beautiful sister, who happens to look a lot like me.
- Whenever someone says I have half a brain, I tell them it’s because I share it with my sister. Happy Birthday to my sister from the same mister!
- We may not be twins, but we share a heart, soul, and mind. Thanks to you, I will never be lonely in life. Happy Birthday, sis!
- Happy Birthday to my friend, soulmate, and sister! I love you!
From a Brother
Here are some birthday messages to a sister from a brother
- Hey sis, I was going to get you something expensive for your birthday, but then I realized that just having me for a brother is enough of a present.
- Happy Birthday to the sweetest, smartest, and coolest sister a brother could ask for.
- May your birthday be half as cool as your awesome brother!
- Happy Birthday, sis! I never thought I’d say this, but you turned out to be someone I actually like to hang out with.
- Happy Birthday to an amazing sister, from an appreciative brother.
Like a Sister
Finally, here are some birthday wishes for someone who’s like a sister. For more options, see our article on birthday wishes for a best friend.
- Happy Birthday to a lady who’s like a sister to me. May your day be filled with the same joy you bring to my life.
- Happy Birthday to a wonderful friend. Some people are born with a sister. I found one in you.
- You’re not the sister I was born with, but you’re the sister I choose. Happy Birthday, and thank you for being in my life.
- Happy Birthday, lady! You’re like the annoying little sister I never had!
- We may not be sisters by blood, but we’re sisters by heart. Happy Birthday to one my favorite people of all time!