Say the word godmother, and most people think of a certain wand-waving character from the Disney classic Cinderella. However, in real life, godmothers are ordinary women trying to make a difference in the life of a child. They serve their godchildren as spiritual mentors, backup parents, role models, confidantes, and friends.
While Mother’s Day is primarily about expressing appreciation for moms, it’s also a perfect time to send some words of thanks to the women who have taken on this important role. If you’re searching for the right words, check out the following list of Mother’s Day wishes for a godmother. In one way or another, they all celebrate a lady who’s tried her best to make sure her godchild lives happily ever after.
Heartfelt and Sweet
Here are some kind words to share with a godmother on Mother’s Day.
- You may not be a fairy godmother, but you know how to work some magic with kindness and enthusiasm. Happy Mother’s Day to a wonderful godmother.
- It takes a village to raise a child… or at least the help of superhuman godmother like you. Have a wonderful Mother’s Day!
- Thank you for being a role model, protector, and friend. Wishing you a wonderful Mother’s Day.
- When the road was long and winding, you steered me in the right direction. Happy Mother’s Day to an amazing godmother.
- Happy Mother’s Day, Godmother. Thank you for being my guiding light all these years. You continue to inspire me to this day.
- Thank you for agreeing to be a godmother, and thank you even more for giving it your all. Hope you treat yourself this Mother’s Day, because you deserve it.
- Happy Mother’s Day to my sweet godmother. Thank you for always being on my side, even when it would have been easier to be on the sidelines.
- Life is better when you have someone looking out for you. Happy Mother’s Day to my wonderful godmother.
- Thanks for stepping up to make a difference in the life of a child. Happy Mother’s Day to a wonderful and wise godmother.
- Happy Mother’s Day to the kindest, most loving, and just plain best godmother any kid could ask for.
- Being a mom is one of the hardest jobs there is – that’s why godmothers were invented. Happy Mother’s Day to a lady who answered the call.
Cute and Funny
These clever Mother’s Day greetings are intended to put a smile on your godmother’s face.
- Godmothers deserve thanks on Mother’s Day, too, especially when they’re as kind and loving as you!
- I wouldn’t ordinarily send a Mother’s Day wish to someone who isn’t my mom, but I’ll make an exception for you. Happy Mother’s Day to an extraordinary godmother.
- As a godmother, you’re like a backup mom. So Happy Backup Mother’s Day!
- Happy Mother’s Day to an amazing godmother. You had to be amazing to look out for a kid like me!
- Happy Mother’s Day to my fearless godmother. If ever there was a person who needed a guardian angel, it’s me.
- You probably had no idea what you were getting yourself into when you agreed to be my godmother, but I’m sure glad you did. Happy Mother’s Day!
- With a kid this ornery, one mother isn’t enough. Thank you for being the best godmother ever, and have a wonderful Mother’s Day!
- Where would I be without you steering me on the right course? Probably in a ditch. Happy Mother’s Day to a fantastic godmother.
- Happy Mother’s Day to a kickass godmother, protector, and guardian angel. You rule.
Here are some Mother’s Day greetings written for a godmother who is also an aunt.
- You’re not just a wonderful aunt and godmother. You’re also a wonderful person! Happy Mother’s Day!
- Happy Mother’s Day to a wonderful sister, aunt, and godmother.
- As my aunt and godmother, you’re like an extra mom to me. So have a wonderful Mother’s Day – you deserve it!
- You’re my aunt and my godmother. Guess I owe you double the thanks this Mother’s Day.
- Happy Mother’s Day to a great godmother and an awesome aunt!