The weather is always a popular topic of conversation, but never more so than in the month of March. In fact, there’s a famous proverb on the subject: “March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb.” That old chestnut is a commentary on the Jekyll-and-Hyde weather of a month in which Winter officially turns to Spring.
But the change of seasons isn’t the only thing to talk about in March. The month also features one of the most fun-filled holidays of the year (at least if you’re of drinking age): St. Patrick’s Day. And let’s not forget about International Women’s Day, which falls each year on March 8.
In other words, there are plenty of reasons to celebrate the coming of March. To help you mark the start of this pivotal month, here’s a list of ways you can say “Happy March” to all your friends.
Here are some straightforward messages to wish people a Happy March. For more ideas like these, see this list of springtime greetings.
- Get ready to March into Spring!
- Hope you have a wonderful March, with better weather and better days ahead.
- Happy March to all my boon friends! May the luck of the Irish be with you all month long!
- March is here, and Spring isn’t far behind. Enjoy this wonderful time of year.
- Happy first day of March, everyone! It might not seem like it, but Spring is just around the corner!
- Happy March! May the warmer and longer days ahead fill you with joy!
- May you have a magnificent March and stupendous Spring!
- 2023 is March-ing right along. Have a great month!
- Happy March! Let’s hope we can say goodbye to Winter soon!
- March certainly came in like a lion this year. Let’s hope the old proverb holds and it goes out like a lamb!
- Happy March! As the days get longer and the weather gets warmer, I hope the coming month brings better things for you as well.
- Happy March, all! Believe it or not, Spring officially starts in just a few weeks!
- Since it’s still cold outside, I thought I’d send you my warmest wishes for a Happy March.
- March is finally here. Now let’s hope Winter leaves on schedule.
- Happy first day of March! Hope your day and your month are full of joy!
- Goodbye, February! Hello, March!
Here are some humorous March messages to share with friends. If you like puns, you might also want to check out these silly Spring-inspired sayings.
- Happy March! Rumor has it Spring is on the way.
- Happy March, everyone! Is it safe to emerge from hibernation yet?
- Welcome to March, when the snow season gradually gives way to the mud season!
- Goodbye, February. Feel free to take Winter with you on your way out!
- Remember: If you don’t like the weather in March, just wait 15 minutes. Enjoy the change in seasons, everybody!
- Irish you a Happy March!
- Against all odds, it appears I will survive another Winter. Happy March, everyone.
- Spring officially starts later this month, but unfortunately, Mother Nature tends to March to the beat of her own drum.
Finally, here are some notable quotes about the month of March.
- “March, when days are getting long, Let thy growing hours be strong to set right some wintry wrong.”
- “Indoors or out, no one relaxes In March, that month of wind and taxes, The wind will presently disappear, The taxes last us all year.”
- “In March the soft rains continued, and each storm waited courteously until its predecessor sunk beneath the ground.”
- “March is a tomboy with tousled hair, a mischievous smile, mud on her shoes and a laugh in her voice.”
- “It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.”
- “It was March. The days of March creeping gustily on like something that man couldn’t hinder and God wouldn’t hurry.”
- “Only those with tenacity can march forward in March.”
Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
If you enjoyed these greetings, remember that April is just around the corner.
- 50 Extra-Merry Christmas Wishes For a Special Niece - November 20, 2023
- 50 Sparkling Ways to Wish People a Happy December - November 5, 2023
- Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas! 50 Glittery Greetings - October 30, 2023