What is an aunt? For a lot of people, it’s someone who’s a cross between a parent and a friend. In other words, they’re like moms, but much cooler.
Of course, that definition doesn’t fit all aunts – they come in a variety of forms. But one thing we can say about aunts in general is that they’re absolutely indispensable. Take it from the immortal Jane Austen, who once wrote, “I have always maintained the importance of aunts.”
Whether or not your aunt is an actual mom, she’s a maternal figure for you and thus deserves some recognition on Mother’s Day. If you’re searching for the right Mother’s Day message for Auntie, we have plenty of ideas below. These Mother’s Days wishes for an aunt come in different styles, but in one way or another, they all express your love for an essential lady in your life.
Note: If Auntie is also your godmother, you can find even more options in this article.
Sincere | Sweet | Funny | Aunt Who’s a Mom | Multiple Aunts
Here are some warm Mother’s Day greetings that let your aunt know how much you appreciate her.
- Happy Mother’s Day, Auntie. Thank you for always being there for me!
- In the game of life, it’s good to know you can always Auntie up. Happy Mother’s Day, Auntie!
- Moms aren’t the only ones who deserve to be celebrated on Mother’s Day. Happy Mother’s Day to a wonderful Aunt.
- Happy Mother’s Day to my beautiful Aunt. I’m so lucky to have someone like you on my side.
- Having an aunt like you is like having another mother. So have a wonderful Mother’s Day – you’ve earned it!
- You’re not technically my mom, but you’ve put in the work of a mom raising me. So for all you’ve done and continue to do, Happy Mother’s Day, Auntie!
- Auntie… you’ve always seen something in me, even when I couldn’t. Thank you for being my number one fan. Happy Mother’s Day.
- Happy Mother’s Day to a wonderful aunt. Your care and kindness have made a major difference in my life.
- Happy Mother’s Day to an aunt who is like a mother to me. You didn’t have to give me so much love and support, which makes me that much more thankful that you did.
- Happy Mother’s Day to a special aunt. If everyone had someone like you on their side, the world would be a much better place.
Here are some cutesy Mother’s Day greetings for an aunt.
- Aunts deserve love on Mother’s Day, too, especially when they’re wonderful people like you!
- To the rest of the world, you’re just an angel. To me, you’re a guardian angel. Happy Mother’s Day, Auntie!
- You’re my aunt, my role model, and my best friend to boot! Have a wonderful Mother’s Day!
- Happy Mother’s Day to a super sweet lady, who also happens to be the best aunt ever.
- You’re not just an amazing aunt. You’re also an amazing role model and friend. In fact, you’re just amazing. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Ordinarily, people don’t wish their aunts a Happy Mother’s Day. But then, you’re no ordinary aunt. Happy Mother’s Day to a wonderful lady!
- I hope this pun doesn’t bug you, but as an aunt, you’re the bee’s knees! Have a wonderful Mother’s Day!
- Happy Mother’s Day to a lady who always keeps my secrets, even the really juicy ones! Love you, Auntie!
If your aunt is the fun-loving type, one of these goofy Mom’s Day messages might be just the ticket.
- You’re not technically my mom, but you’re close enough. Happy Mother’s Day, Auntie!
- Happy Mother’s Day to my smart, talented, and beautiful aunt, with whom I have so much in common!
- Happy Mother’s Day to my aunt, aka the fun person in the family.
- Aunts are like second mothers, except you don’t have to get them flowers on Mother’s Day, which I really appreciate. Happy Mother’s Day, Auntie!
- Happy Mother’s Day to an aunt who has always been there for me. If I had to deal with me, I would have noped out a long time ago.
- It takes a village to raise a child, especially when that child is a little monster like I was. Happy Mother’s Day, Auntie!
- Auntie… I was going to get you something nice for Mother’s Day, but then I realized Mom would probably get jealous. So all you get is this crappy Happy Mother’s Day wish.
- Happy Mother’s Day to an aunt who’s like a second mother to me – a cooler, less judgy, and much better dressed second mother.
- Happy Mother’s Day to the best aunt ever. And I’m not just saying that because you’ve spoiled me rotten my whole life.
- Auntie… you’re such a nice person, it frankly makes me wonder if we’re really related. Happy Mother’s Day!
Aunt Who’s a Mom
Here are a handful of options for an aunt who has children of her own.
- Happy Mother’s Day to a magnificent mom, an amazing aunt, and a fantastic friend.
- Your kids are lucky to have you for a mom, and I’m lucky to have you for an aunt. Happy Mother’s Day, Auntie!
- You were such an awesome sister, you got promoted to aunt. Then you were such an awesome aunt that you got promoted to mom. Happy Mother’s Day to a lady who’s just plain awesome.
- Wishing you a great Mother’s Day, Auntie. You deserve it for having to deal with those cousins of mine!
- Happy Mother’s Day, Auntie. My cousins are so lucky to have a mom like you.
- It’s no surprise you’re such a wonderful mom – you had me to practice on! Happy Mother’s Day to my wonderful Aunt!
Finally, here are a few Mother’s Day greetings to share with multiple aunts via social media or text.
- Happy Mother’s Day to my Mom and Aunts! It took a team of strong women to raise a kid like me!
- Aunts are part-time moms and full-time friends. Best Mother’s Day wishes to the best aunts ever!
- Happy Mother’s Day to my aunts, without whom I probably wouldn’t have made it to adulthood. Love you, ladies!
- Life is better when you have a cheering section. Happy Mother’s Day to my Mom and Aunts, who have given me so much support over the years.
- Moms get all the attention on Mother’s Day – and rightly so – but aunts also deserve a lot of credit for the role they play in raising a child. So Happy Mother’s Day to all the aunts who do so much for their nieces and nephews!
- Happy Mother’s Day to my amazing aunts. I’m so lucky to have grown up in a family with so many wonderful role models.
Mother’s Day isn’t the only time to show your aunt some love. If you liked the above wording ideas, you might also want to take a look at our list of birthday wishes for an aunt.
- 40+ Ways to Say Happy Father’s Day to a Brother-in-Law - May 22, 2023
- Let’s Say Happy Father’s Day to All the Dads Out There - May 20, 2023
- Top 50 Long Distance Relationship Quotes of All Time - May 16, 2023