The stereotypical grandma is a kindly old lady who spends her days knitting, watching old TV shows, and pushing food on any grandchildren who wander into her vicinity. Of course, most real-life grandmothers don’t fit that stereotype. These days, with so many women living healthier and working longer, it’s harder to tell who even is a grandma.
One of the few generalizations we can safely make about grandmothers is that, as a rule, they’re pretty amazing. While any time is a great time to let your grandma know how much she means to you, Mother’s Day seems particularly opportune. These clever Mother’s Day wishes for a grandma come in a variety of styles, so you can find the right message for your decidedly non-stereotypical granny.
You can’t go wrong with sending grandma a heartfelt Mother’s Day greeting. Here are some options.
- Everyone needs someone who will love them no matter what. Grandmothers like you are really good at that. Happy Mother’s Day, Grandma.
- Happy Mother’s Day, Grandma. You continue to inspire me with your love, kindness, and wisdom.
- I hope you realize what a wonderful mother and grandmother you are. Happy Mother’s Day to a lady who means so much to this family.
- Happy Mother’s Day to a grandmother who had a strong hand in raising me and a profound influence on my life. I love you.
- Grandmas give the best hugs, serve the best food, and know the best things to say when you’re feeling down. I guess that’s because they’re just the best. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Growing up with a Grandma like you was like having a second Mom. So… Happy Mother’s Day.
- Whenever I want to smile, I just think of my sweet grandmother. Happy Mother’s Day, Grandma!
- I love my grandmother, and I will never miss a chance to say so. Happy Mother’s Day, Grandma!
- Mother’s Day seems like as good a time as any to tell my Grandma how much I love and appreciate her. Thank you for everything, Grandma.
- Happy Mother’s Day to a lady who’s really good at raising kids and spoiling grandkids.
These Mother’s Day wishes for a grandmother are extra sweet. You might want to consider one of these options if you’re sending the message on behalf of a child.
- Hugs, kisses and Mother’s Day wishes for my wonderful Grandma!
- I’m not just wishing you a happy Mother’s Day – I’m wishing you a grand Mother’s Day! Love you, Grandma!
- Grandmas give the best hugs, probably because they practice so much! Happy Mother’s Day, Grandma!
- I’m so happy to have a Nana like you… not just on Mother’s Day, but all the year through!
- Grandma… hope you have the best Mother’s Day ever. You deserve it for being the best grandmother ever.
- Happy Mother’s Day, Grandma! I’m sending you a big hug and kiss from across the miles!
- How does so much love come from such a little lady? Happy Mother’s Day to a wonderful grandmother!
- You really put the “grand” in “grandma.” Happy Mother’s Day!
- No one would guess you’re a grandma, much less the best grandma in the world! Happy Mother’s Day!
- Happy Mother’s Day to a grandmother like no other!
Here are some Mother’s Day wishes designed to give Granny a good laugh.
- Happy Mother’s Day, Grandma! Thanks for always seeing the good in me, even if you had to squint sometimes!
- I don’t know where you get your patience. I only know I don’t want to be around when you finally snap! Happy Mother’s Day, Grandma!
- Grandma, when I think of what a sweet, patient, and caring person you are, I have to wonder… how am I related to this person? Anyway, Happy Mother’s Day!
- Happy Mother’s Day from your favorite grandchild! (Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone you love me best!)
- Grandma… thanks for all the birthday money you sent me over the years. And in case you’re wondering, no, I’m not too old to keep receiving it! Happy Mother’s Day!
- Happy Mother’s Day to my remarkable grandmother. You had to be remarkable to raise my Dad!
- Mom says you spoil me, but what does she know? Keep doing what you’re doing, Grams! Happy Mother’s Day!
- Happy Mother’s Day to the badass matriarch of the family.
- Grandma… thanks for all the wisdom you’ve shared with me over the years. I only wish I would have made better use of it. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Happy Mother’s Day to a Grandma who’s sweet, smart, talented, and kind enough to pass down all of her best qualities to her granddaughter!
Mom & Grandma
Here are some ways to wish both Mom and Grandma a Happy Mother’s Day in one fell swoop.
- It’s no wonder I have such an amazing Mom – she learned from the best. Happy Mother’s Day to my Mom and Grandma!
- Happy Mother’s Day to my Mom and Grandma. Not sure what I did to deserve two wonderful ladies like you in my life.
- I’m so lucky to have such strong women in my family. Happy Mother’s Day to my remarkable Mom and Grandmother.
- Happy Mother’s Day to my Mother and Grandmother. I couldn’t ask for two better role models growing up.
- Wishing a Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers, grandmothers, great-grandmothers, and other women who make the world a better place with their love and kindness.
- Happy Mother’s Day to my Mom and Grandma, my two favorite women in the whole world.
- Happy Mother’s Day to my beautiful Mother and Grandmother. You two give me so much to be thankful for!
- I’m blessed to have the best Mom and Grandma on earth (I may be a little biased). Happy Mother’s Day to you both!
- Happy Mother’s Day to my amazing Mom and my equally amazing Grandma, who taught her everything she knows!
- I couldn’t ask for a better Mom or Grandma. You both give me so much to aspire to and be proud of. Happy Mother’s Day!
Grandma in Heaven
Finally, here are some poignant Mother’s Day messages for a grandmother looking down from heaven.
- Happy Mother’s Day, Grandma. Now that you’re in heaven, you can spend more time doing what you loved – watching your grandkids.
- Happy Heavenly Mother’s Day to the sweetest lady who ever lived, my Grandmother.
- My Grandma passed long ago, but my love for her will always remain. Happy Mother’s Day to a remarkable lady.
- Happy Mother’s Day to my grandmothers up in heaven. I love you both.
- My grandmothers may be gone, but nothing can take away the loving memories I have of them. Happy Mother’s Day to both of you wonderful ladies.
- Happy Mother’s Day to my Grandma, long gone but never forgotten. It makes me happy that part of her lives on in me.
- Happy Mother’s Day to my wonderful Grandmother. She was an angel on earth, so I’m sure she’s right at home in heaven.
- Happy Heavenly Mother’s Day to my sweet Grandmother. I will never stop missing you.
- Happy Mother’s Day to my beloved Grandmother up in heaven. What I wouldn’t give to hear her voice and feel her arms around me again.
- Happy Mother’s Day to my wonderful Grandmother. I’m sure you’re looking down on me from heaven, just as you always looked out for me when you were here on earth.