Most businesses are closed on Thanksgiving so that people can spend time with family. Still, while Thanksgiving is a family centered holiday, it’s also a time for being thankful (duh, it’s right there in the name). And one thing business people should always be thankful for is their clientele.
Therefore, it’s entirely appropriate (and thoughtful) to send Thanksgiving wishes to your business clients. There’s nothing wrong with sending a simple, generic “Happy Thanksgiving” message, the likes of which you might share with a friend or neighbor. However, thanking your clients specifically for their business is also a nice touch.
To help you hit the perfect note, we’ve come up with these sample Thanksgiving messages for clients. Use them as-is, or as inspiration for your own message of gratitude.
Note: Looking for something more casual? See our list of Thanksgiving messages for family and friends.
Here are some short Thanksgiving messages that you could incorporate into an email, or hand-write into a greeting card.
- I’m thankful to have clients like you – not just on Thanksgiving, but every day.
- I’m counting my blessings this Thanksgiving, and working with you is one of them.
- I appreciate having you as a client and a friend. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
- Thanks so much for your business. I wish you nothing but the best this Thanksgiving.
- I want to thank you for giving me your business. Enjoy some hard-earned time off.
- A great client deserves a great Thanksgiving. Wishing you all the best.
- Happy Turkey Day! I couldn’t ask for a better client.
- I’m grateful for your business and humbled by the trust you’ve shown in me. Have a great Thanksgiving.
- Clients like you make this business what it is, and for that, I am thankful.
- Wherever you go and whatever you do this Thanksgiving, I wish you the best. Being able to work with you is something I’m truly grateful for.
Here are some longer Thanksgiving messages from a business person to a client.
- This Thanksgiving, I’m thankful to have you as a client. Working with you has been a true pleasure, and I can only hope our relationship continues for many years. May you have a wonderful Thanksgiving surrounded by family and friends.
- No Thanksgiving would be complete without thanking the people who make my job so special. So, thank you, and have a very Happy Thanksgiving.
- This Thanksgiving, I have almost too many blessings to count. Being able to work with you is definitely one of them. I hope your blessings are also many, both this Thanksgiving and in the coming year.
- Every Thanksgiving, we go around the table and say what we’re thankful for before digging into the turkey. I’m thankful to have you as a client, and I figured, why say it to a turkey when I can say it to you? Thank you so much for your support, and have a fantastic Thanksgiving.
Here’s a template for a Thanksgiving email message to business clients.
- Subject: A Very Happy Thanksgiving to You and YoursDear [Client Name],
Before everyone goes their separate ways this Thanksgiving, I wanted to send a quick message to let you know how much I appreciate having you as a client. Working with people like you is what makes my job great, and that’s something for which I’m truly thankful. I wish you all the best this holiday season and in the coming year.
We hope these examples helped you land on the perfect Thanksgiving message for your clients. In any case, we’re thankful that you read this article. As long as you’re here, you might also want to check out these funny turkey puns (warning: contains fowl language).