Turkeys are easy targets. We mean that literally – after all, they’re large, flightless game birds that aren’t known for their ability to outsmart hunters. However, it’s also true that turkeys make easy targets for jokes, for all the reasons just mentioned and more.
You may have noticed that lot of turkey humor involves the use of puns. That makes sense, as the word “turkey” appears in a lot of familiar English expressions. Plus there’s the fact that turkeys are on so many American tables at Thanksgiving, a holiday that brings along its own set of word associations.
In short, if you’re looking for turkey puns, you can find them in many different corners. Pardon our fowl language, but here are some of our favorites.
As always, the simplest way to relay a pun is through a riddle. Here are some turkey puns in joke form.
- What do you call a rude turkey?
- What does a one-legged turkey say?
- Why did the turkey cross the road?
To prove he wasn’t chicken!
- What do you call a group of featherless turkeys?
A cluster pluck!
- What do all the gobblers down on the farm like to drink?
- What do turkeys drink out of?
- What is the turkey’s favorite type of tree?
- Why do turkeys make bad baseball players?
They only hit fowl balls!
- What do you call a bird that’s bad at bowling?
A gutter ball turkey!
- What do you call an over-caffeinated turkey?
- Why did the turkey break up with his girlfriend?
He couldn’t get to first baste!
- What’s the most popular videogame among turkeys?
- What do you get when you teach a turkey witty rejoinders?
A turkey that roasts you!
- What’s the best thing to do with cold turkey?
Make turkey chilly!
- What do you call a sarcastic turkey?
- What do you call a fat gobbler that can sing?
- What did the turkey dress up as for Halloween?
- Did you hear about the guy who was found dead at a turkey farm?
They suspect fowl play!
- What do you do with a stoner turkey?
Make turkey pot pie!
- What do you call an offbeat turkey?
Thanksgiving Turkey Puns
When you think of Thanksgiving, you think of turkeys – and vice versa. Here are some Thanksgiving turkey puns to chew on.
- I’d like to cut back on the Thanksgiving leftovers, but I can’t quit cold turkey.
- What’s the number one key to a great Thanksgiving?
- Sometimes the Thanksgiving turkey turns out dry, which just goes to show that there’s no accounting for bastes.
- What do turkeys and people have in common on Thanksgiving?
They both get stuffed!
- Thanksgiving dinner is a like a band with four percussionists: Everybody fights over the drumsticks.
- What do you call a Thanksgiving turkey that comes back to haunt you?
- Why did the cranberries turn red?
Because they saw the turkey dressing!
Finally, just for pun, here are some turkey-related pickup lines. As you probably guessed, these are a little on the risque side.
- With those juicy legs, you put the Thanksgiving turkey to shame.
- When I pull on the wishbone this Thanksgiving, I’m going to be wishing to bone you.
- You and I go together like turkey and cranberry sauce.
- Forget all those other turkeys and fly with me.
- I’d like to baste your turkey.