Turkeys are easy targets. We mean that literally – after all, they’re large, flightless game birds that aren’t known for their ability to outsmart hunters. However, it’s also true that turkeys make easy targets for jokes, for all the reasons just mentioned and more.
If you’re hunting for turkey puns for Thanksgiving, you can find them in many different corners. Pardon our fowl language, but here are some of our favorites.
First up, here are some short turkey puns that are perfect for captions and crafts.
- Oh snap… Thanksgiving is here!
- No harm, no fowl.
- I’m the hostess with the moistest.
- Gobble gobble… is what we’ll all be doing on Thanksgiving.
- Baste wishes for a scrumptious Turkey Day.
- What the pluck?
- I call fowl.
- It’s all about that baste.
- I’m winging it this Thanksgiving.
- Feeling peck-ish.
- I’ve always been bird-brained.
- I’m more stuffed than the turkey.
- Bird is the word.
Here are some riddles featuring terrible turkey puns.
- What do you call a turkey stranded at the airport?
A flightless bird!
- What do you call an offbeat turkey?
- What happened when a live turkey showed up at Thanksgiving dinner?
It caused quite a flap!
- What do little turkeys do on Halloween?
They go chick-or-treating!
- Did you hear there’s going to be a movie about roasted turkeys?
It’s baste on a true story!
- What do turkeys drink out of?
- What is the turkey’s favorite type of tree?
- Why do turkeys make bad baseball players?
They only hit fowl balls!
- What do you call a bird that’s bad at bowling?
A gutter ball turkey!
- What do you call an over-caffeinated turkey?
- Why was the turkey frustrated with his girlfriend?
He couldn’t past first baste!
- What’s the most popular videogame among turkeys?
- What do you get when you teach a turkey witty rejoinders?
A turkey that roasts you!
- What did the diner say when she found feathers in her roasted turkey?
You gotta be plucking kidding me!
- What do you call a sarcastic turkey?
- What did the turkey dress up as for Halloween?
- Did you hear about the guy who was found dead at a turkey farm?
They suspect fowl play!
- What does a one-legged turkey say?
- Why did the turkey cross the road?
To prove he wasn’t chicken!
- What do you call a group of featherless turkeys?
A cluster pluck!
- What do you call a rude turkey?
- You know that fleshy stuff that hangs from a turkey’s neck?
Wattle you talking about?
- What type of boat do turkeys sail on?
A gravy boat!
Thanksgiving Turkey Puns
When you think of Thanksgiving, you think of turkeys – and vice versa. Here are some Thanksgiving turkey puns to chew on.
- I’d like to cut back on the Thanksgiving leftovers, but I can’t quit cold turkey.
- What’s the number one key to a great Thanksgiving?
- Sometimes the Thanksgiving turkey turns out dry, which just goes to show that there’s no accounting for bastes.
- Does gravy or cranberry sauce go better with turkey?
I refuse to take sides!
- What do turkeys and people have in common on Thanksgiving?
They both get stuffed!
- Thanksgiving dinner is a like a band with four percussionists: Everybody fights over the drumsticks.
- What do you call a Thanksgiving turkey that comes back to haunt you?
- Why did the cranberries turn red?
Because they saw the turkey dressing!
- Is it easy to carve an overcooked turkey?
No, it’s far from cut and dried!
- Thanksgiving dinner is all about the turkey. The rest is just gravy.
- Why was the pilgrim so proud of plucking his own turkey for Thanksgiving?
Because it was a real feather in his cap!
- Is it hard to win the wishbone competition at Thanksgiving?
No, it’s a snap!
- Did you hear about the Thanksgiving host who stormed off when his guests made jokes about his overcooked turkey?
Guess he didn’t appreciate the dry humor!
- How do you challenge someone to snap the wishbone at Thanksgiving dinner?
Tell them you have a bone to pick with them!
- 50 Extra-Merry Christmas Wishes For a Special Niece - November 20, 2023
- 50 Sparkling Ways to Wish People a Happy December - November 5, 2023
- Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas! 50 Glittery Greetings - October 30, 2023