Fall has a lot going for it… cooler weather, pretty scenery, pumpkin-flavored beverages up the wazoo. For all those reasons and more, many people consider autumn the best season of all. The only complaint? It doesn’t last nearly long enough.
Come to think of it, that may explain some of fall’s popularity. Like that pumpkin spice latte, it’s only available for a limited time. All too soon, those colorful leaves are gone and the temperature has dropped to tookus-freezing levels.
The moral of this story is to make the most of fall while it lasts. And what better way to celebrate the season than with some awesomely awful autumnal puns? Here’s a list of fall puns that hit on all the best things about this time of year.
Here are some puns about the fall season that take the form of riddles.
- Why did the lions move at the end of summer?
Because the pride goeth before the fall!
- What did autumn say to summer?
Make like a tree and leave!
- Did you hear about the tree who deserted the forest at the end of fall?
He was absent without leaves!
- What did the leaf say to autumn?
I’m falling for you!
- What type of vehicle should you use for a fall hayride?
- What month does every tree dread?
- Why do trees hate going back to school in the fall?
Because they’re easily stumped!
- What do you call a dude who really likes autumn?
A fall guy!
- What do trees say when they get their leaves back in spring?
What a re-leaf!
- Why did the tree worry that he would never get his leaves back after autumn?
He didn’t be-leaf in himself!
- What kind of vest should you wear in the fall?
- What did the lawn say to the rake last autumn?
Leaf me alone!
Looking for a clever way to wish someone a happy fall? Here are some punny options.
- Humpty Dumpty had a great fall – hope you do too!
- Hold onto your nuts – fall is here!
- Crisp air, fall fairs, color everywhere… hope this autumn leaves you feeling refreshed.
- You can’t help but enjoy this time of year – it’s autumn-matic!
- I’m going to go out on a limb and say I be-leaf in you. Have a great fall!
- Just wanted to leaf you with my best wishes for fall. Orange you glad the leaves are turning? I’m so happy, I could yellow ’bout it.
Punny Fall Sayings
Finally, here are some miscellaneous sayings about fall that make use of puns.
- If money really did grow on trees, in fall we’d all be raking it in.
- With all the pumpkins around, autumn is definitely the most gourd-geous season.
- After a good summer fling, it’s time to fall in love.
- Don’t stop be-leafing in the wonder of fall.
- Grinning jack o’ lanterns, cute little ghosts and goblins, puppies playing in piles of leaves… this is why they call it Aww-tumn.