Winter inspires strong feelings in people. Some claim to love it. Others can’t stop talking about how much they hate it. Many just want less of it. All in all, you might say winter is the most polarizing of the seasons.
That brings us to something else that people tend to either love or hate: puns. To pay tribute to winter, we’ve compiled this list of puns about snow, ice, cold, and all the other things that make this time of year what it is – for better or worse. We hope you agree that these winter puns are cool, but we’ll understand if they leave you cold. It’s just the nature of the season.
- Why is winter the least popular time of year for a wedding?
Because the grooms always get cold feet!
- What do you get when someone stares coldly at you?
- I’m trying to break the ice with you, but you keep giving me the cold shoulder.
- What did the snow plow guy say when his equipment broke down?
Take this job and shovel it!
- What is Spider Snowman’s secret identity?
- What does Frosty the Snowman do to combat his worries about melting?
Take a chill pill!
- How does Frosty pay for his chill pills?
With his slush fund!
- If snowflakes were currency, we’d all be rich in winter. We’d just make a trip to the nearest snow bank.
- What do you call a whirlwind winter romance?
Love at frost sight!
- When winter comes, this town turns into an iceburg.
- What kind of soup can you make with cool beans?
- Did you hear that they’re performing Hamilton on ice?
Everyone wants the part of Aaron Brr!
- What do you call a dollar bill frozen in ice?
Cold, hard cash!
- How do you defend yourself against zombie snowmen?
With a thawed off shotgun!
- What happened when Superman faced Mr. Freeze?
He froze his “S” off!
- Why can’t you depend on snowmen to hang around for long?
They’re too flaky!
- What do you call a $1 ticket to the ice rink?
A cheap skate!
- Did you hear about the ski trip?
It started great, but it was all downhill from there!
- Why was the snow plow guy famous?
Because he was in snow biz!
- What do you call a bunch of kids who spent all afternoon in the snow?
- What do you call a playlist with the songs “Jingle Bells,” “Baby It’s Cold Outside,” and “Let it Snow” on it?
A wintry mix!
- What do you call it when it gets so cold that the cash machine won’t function?
A spending freeze!
- When someone wishes me a “Happy Winter,” it always leaves me cold.
- What do you call a hotdogging snowman?
- If snowmen can’t ride bicycles, tricycles, or unicycles, what can they ride?
- Why do snowmen always get injured when playing sports?
Because they refuse to warm up!
- Did you hear about the lenient sledding supervisor?
He lets everyone slide!
- Mother knows best, and when winter comes, Mother Nature snows best.
- What’s the best meal to eat in an igloo?
- Snowmen are everywhere in wintertime, but why is it that you never see snow toddlers?
Because they’re always having meltdowns!
- For those of us who live in northern climates, winter is snow problem.
- Did you hear about the emperor penguin?
He had a freezing reign!
- What’s the biggest danger of building a snow dog?
- What do you say when you want to break the ice with someone?
Ice to meet you!
- Why did Billy make a bunch of snowmen to be his friends?
Because he wanted to hang with the cool kids!
- Why did the bodybuilder get a tattoo of Frosty on his stomach?
He wanted an abdominal snowman!
- I thought we were going sledding, but we went skiing instead. You might say I was mis-sled.
- What’s the past tense of icy?
We know it’s hard to quit puns cold turkey. That’s why we recommend clicking right over to this list of tasty turkey puns. Alternatively, check out our collection of Christmas puns that will sleigh you.