Perhaps you’ve heard the oft-repeated factoid that the Eskimos have dozens of words for snow. The English language doesn’t have quite that many, but it does have plenty of expressions related to the white stuff. In fact, you might say there’s snow shortage of such sayings (if you catch my drift).
As you can see, snow and its related concepts also provide ample fodder for silly wordplay. If you need further proof, just take a look at the following list of funny snow puns. On a cold winter night, these goofy riddles and one-liners are sure to warm the cockles of your heart.
- How do snowmen get clean?
By taking snow showers!
- ‘Tis the ski-son!
- Where does Frosty keep his cold, hard cash?
In a snow bank!
- Why is Elsa dangerous with a snowblower?
Because she’ll let it go!
- Winter is snow much fun.
- What does Jack Frost say when the first flakes of winter start to fall?
It’s snow time!
- What do you get if you cross Jon Snow and Jon Bon Jovi?
Jon Bon Snowy!
- Why did the snowboarder take up skiing?
Because he was snow bored!
- Everyone teased the snowman about his pointy nose, but fortunately, he didn’t carrot all.
- What did the man say after he spent all morning buried in snow?
I’m starving – can I avalanche?
- Did you hear someone brought a sled to the downhill ski race?
They let it slide!
- Why did the boy bring a snowball to school?
For snow and tell!
- Mother Nature can be snow flaky this time of year.
- Did you hear that Frosty the Snowman’s wife went to the hairdresser?
She got a perm-afrost!
- Why didn’t the girl make feet for her snowman?
Because there was already two feet of snow on the ground!
- What do you get when you cross a bee and a lizard?
- Be careful out there. Winter weather is snow joke.
- What do snowmen wear on their heads?
- So, Frosty… water you up to this spring?
- What do snowmen like to eat for lunch?
- There’s snow place like home.
- Why do snowmen hate ranch dressing?
Because someone’s always rubbing their noses in it!
- I’m stuck inside for the foreseeable future. This winter storm knows snowbounds.
- What do you get if you put a snow globe in the oven?
- I’ve been fleeced. This entire winter is one big snow job.
- Did you see that there was a nasty winter storm during the football game?
There was a flurry of activity, and then the sleet really hit the fans!
- Why didn’t Frosty go to the Christmas party?
He just wanted to chill!
- Don’t throw snowballs at your wife. That’s snow way to treat a lady.
- What sport do snowmen play?
- What did Jack Frost say when he heard a clever snow pun?
Icy what you did there!