If you had to choose one subject to make puns about, you might want to pick flowers (yes, pun very much intended). For one thing, flowers come in hundreds of thousands of varieties, many with pun-friendly names. For another, flowers are the subject of countless well-known sayings, and well-known sayings always make great fodder for wordplay.
Combine those two factors, and you have more than enough material to make a big blooming list of flower puns. The following puns about flowers include riddles as well as wording for an assortment of special occasions. Will you love them… or will you love them not? Read on to find out.
Here are some flower puns that come in the form of riddles. We think they’re pretty sweet, but you might find them… pun-gent.
- What do you get when you cross a parrot with a bee?
- What do you get when you cross Lassie with a daisy?
- How do florists make their money?
By petaling their goods, of course!
- Did you hear that Simba got all dressed up?
You might say he was a real dandy-lion!
- Where does the Pillsbury Doughboy sleep?
In a flour bed!
- What do you call a girl with a frog on her head?
- What did the big flower call the small flower?
His little bud!
- What did the florist do when he was late for a big wedding?
He put the petal to the metal!
- How do you impress a hydrangea?
Simple – use a lot of flowery language!
- What do you call it when two young flowers fall in love?
A budding romance!
- Why couldn’t the scientist plant any flowers?
He hadn’t botany!
Looking for a punny way to wish someone a Happy Valentine’s Day? Here are some puns you can send along with flowers.
- My love for you continues to blossom.
- I really really lilac you.
- [Pink Flowers] I’m tickled pink to be your Valentine.
- If it’s bouquet with you, I’d like you to be my Valentine.
- Flora good time call [phone number].
- [Friend] Every rose has its thorn. May you always avoid the pricks. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- [Yellow Flowers] Yellow… is it me you’re looking for? Sorry, just pollen your leg. Happy Valentine’s Day!
For more romantic puns for Valentine’s Day or anytime, see this list.
Puns are such a mom thing. Here are some puns that go perfectly with her Mother’s Day flowers.
- For a mother who always rose to the occasion, even when I was a real thorn in your side.
- I’m not orchid-ing when I say you’re a great mom.
- [Chrysanthemums] You’re the best mum a person could ask for.
- I’m so glad gladiolus you’re my mom.
- Marigolds for a mother with a heart of gold. Happy Mother’s Day!
- You are the best mom in the world. Iris my case.
- You’re the best mom ever, orchid you not.
For more Mother’s Day puns, check out this article.
Here are some flower puns for a wedding anniversary.
- I’ve loved you ever since our tulips first met.
- [Yellow Flowers] You had me at yellow.
- We’ve been married [number] years! What in carnation???
- With you in my life, everything is coming up roses.
Here are some goofy puns to send with someone’s birthday flowers.
- This bud’s for you. Happy Birthday!
- Iris you a very Happy Birthday!
- A friend like you is worth her weight in marigolds. Happy Birthday!
- Just a lily something for your birthday.
Finally, here are some examples of puns to send along with get-well flowers.
- Good buds stick together. All for one and one floral!
- I heard you were in a thorny situation, but I’m sure you’ll come out of it smelling like a rose.
- Iris you a speedy recovery.
- Hope thistle make you feel a little better.
So, did you lilac this list of flower puns? If so, you might also want to sink your teeth into this list of candy bar sayings.
- 40+ Ways to Say Happy Father’s Day to a Brother-in-Law - May 22, 2023
- Let’s Say Happy Father’s Day to All the Dads Out There - May 20, 2023
- Top 50 Long Distance Relationship Quotes of All Time - May 16, 2023