How do you know you’re in love? This isn’t a Cosmo quiz, but one way you can tell is if you find yourself drawn to corny puns. That’s because love makes us feel silly, and when we get silly, our word choices get silly too.
If you need proof, just consider all the cheesy sayings that always seem to come out of the word work around Valentine’s Day. Or better yet, check out the following list of puns about love. If these silly sayings don’t induce groans, you must be in love (or at least in love with puns).
Here are some romantic puns involving animals. Coordinate them with a matching plushie, and you have a perfectly punny gift for your sweetie.
- Let’s spend some koala-ty time together.
- Just thought I would bear my soul and tell you how much I love you.
- Life without you would be un-bear-able.
- The cat’s out of the bag – I love you purry much.
- I’m not kitten when I say you’re the cat’s meow.
- I’m fawned of you.
- Life without you would be doggone ruff.
- I’m one lucky dog to have someone like you.
- I love having you as a snuggle bunny.
- There might be other fish in the sea, but you’re my sole mate.
- I love you deerly.
- You’re my tweetheart.
- You’re turtle-ly awesome.
- I’m o-fish-ally in love with you.
- You give my life porpoise.
- You give me butterflies.
- I whale always love you.
- Just thought I otter tell you how much I care about you.
- Honey, you are un-bee-lievable.
Giving someone candy or other food is a tried-and-true method for winning them over. Attaching a pun only sweetens the deal.
- I donut want to glaze over the fact that I love you a hole bunch.
- You and I make a great pear.
- [Candy] Life with you is so sweet.
- [Bananas] I’m head over peals for you.
- You fit me to a tea.
- I’m nuts about you. You make me come out of my shell.
- I love you berry much.
- I cherry-ish you.
- Chew on this: I love you.
- Sorry if this is extra cheesy, but you have a pizza my heart.
- Muffin can ever come between us.
- Olive you.
- I love you s’more and s’more each day.
If you’re giving sweets, you might also want to check out this list of punny candy bar sayings.
Here are some ultra-cheesy pickup lines featuring puns.
- Your name must be Autumn, because I’m fall-ing hard for you.
- You must be a geologist because you rock my world.
- You can donate blood to me anytime, because you’re just my type.
- Better let me give you a ride. You might get pulled over for driving while intoxicating.
- Is this a laboratory? Because you and I have great chemistry.
More “I Love You” Puns
Finally, here are a few more ways to say “I love you” using silly wordplay.
- The time we spend together is like a hot dog. I relish it.
- You light my fire, probably because you’re my perfect match.
- You make my heart erupt like a volcano. What I’m trying to say is, I lava you. Sorry if I’m gushing.
- I can never stay mad at you, but I will always stay mad about you.
- I’m addicted to you, even if I’m sometimes a dick to you.
As you can see, love is undoubtedly one of the most pun-ishing emotions. If you’re still yearning for more, check out this collection of homecoming proposal puns.