Even in these highly polarized times, the vast majority of people would agree with the following statement: Mondays suck. After a weekend of staying up late, sleeping in, and doing whatever it is you like to do in your free time, Monday morning comes with its nagging responsibilities. It’s time to crawl out of bed and face the work or school week with bleary eyes and a bad attitude.
There’s even a name for this condition: The Mondays. You might not get a case of the Mondays every single week, but practically everyone gets them from time to time. The only known cure is to go out of your way to have some laughs and make the day more fun than it has any right to be.
To that end, we’ve put together the following list of Monday puns. These goofy sayings come in the form of riddles, one-liners, and greetings that you can share with friends. Together, they’re all about making Monday a pun day.
Riddles and One-Liners
Here are some riddles and one-liners about everyone’s least favorite day of the week.
- Monday is the root of all evil.
- What’s the best time to get a discount on robotic parts?
- Why do employees get discouraged after 6 months on the job?
After 24 weeks, they have a case of the Mondays!
- What did the calendar maker do after he created an entry for Monday?
He called it a day!
- Tuesday through Sunday are okay, but Monday is the week link.
- What’s the best day of the week for NASA to launch a rocket?
- Did you hear about the lady with chronic laryngitis who always wished everyone a Happy Monday?
She did it weakly!
- Work is usually easy, but once in awhile it gives me a run for my Monday.
- What’s the best advice for getting through the start of the work week?
Just take it Mon-day at a time!
- Did you hear about the football player who lost his pet fish Mandy?
I guess that makes him a Mandy mourning quarterback!
- Why do employees always look so tired on Mondays?
Because they’re starting the work weak!
- Did you hear about the big commotion at the dog shelter the other day?
It was just another Manic Mutt-day!
- Why do fish always congregate on Mondays?
It’s the start of the school week!
Here are some pun-infused greetings you can use to wish people a happy Monday. For more ideas, see our big list of Monday greetings.
- Hope your weekend was strong, because today is a weak day.
- Have a MON-derful day!
- If you think Monday is a sad day, just remember that a couple of days ago was a sadder day.
- Happy Monday, everyone! Remember: Just because it’s a weekday doesn’t mean it has to be a weak day!
- Just because it’s Monday doesn’t mean it has to be mundane.
- Another Monday in paradise. Have a good one!