In the old days, telling someone to have a nice day was a perfectly good way to end a conversation. Now, “nice” seems old-fashioned, weirdly formal, and just plain insufficient. We’re used to hearing “have a great day.” Anything less could almost be considered a slight.
Of course, now even “great” doesn’t seem that, well, great. With the phrase becoming so mundane, it seems destined to be replaced with something more emphatic at some point.
Where will this madness end? We don’t know the answer to that, but we do have some ideas on how to wish someone a great day without sounding like you’re just phoning it in. The following sayings range from sweetly sincere to downright goofy, but all in all, we think they’re pretty great.
To start off, here are some heartfelt ways to wish someone a great day.
- Just wanted to pop in and wish you the Best Day Ever!
- Hope you have a shockingly good day. If anyone deserves it, it’s you!
- Have an extra-special, amazingly fun, undeniably awesome, super fantastic day!
- Have a good morning and a fantastic day!
- There’s only one thing I need you to do for me: Have a wonderful day!
- Hope your day is flippin’ awesome!
- Have a glorious day and a blessed week!
- Wishing the best day ever to one of the best people ever!
- Hope your day is as awesome as you are.
- May your day be full of sunshine and laughter.
One way to ensure someone has a great day is to leave them laughing. With that in mind, here are some humorous well-wishes.
- As the pizza said to the cheese, have a grate day!
- I’d wish you the best day ever, but then it would be all downhill from here. So just have a great day, okay?
- Have a great day… or at least as great as it can be given that I won’t be around.
- May your day be relatively asshole-free.
- Hope your day doesn’t suck!
- Have a stupid good day.
- I’d wish you the best day ever, but you have to work so that’s probably not going to happen. So… have a moderately decent day!
- Hope you have a great day, but if it’s bad, I hope it’s bad in a funny way that you can tell me about later!
- You are my sunshine. Have a great day!
- Have a wonderful day, and know that I’ll be thinking about you every second.
- The best part of my day is knowing I get to see you at the end of it. Have a great day, baby!
- Have a beautiful day, beautiful.
- Until you’re back in my loving arms… have a wonderful day!
- May your day be as sweet as your smile.
- Just wanted to remind you that you’re an amazing person. Now go have yourself an amazing day!
- Have a wonderful day, and never forget that I love the hell out of you.
- Three things: I love you, you’re amazing, and I hope you have the best day ever!
- See you later, sweetie. Hope your day is half as nice as that butt of yours.