In most of the world, a normal weekend consists of two glorious nights of staying up as late as you want, and two precious days of free time. For many of us, it’s what makes the work week worthwhile – or at least tolerable. Perhaps Loverboy said it best when they observed that “everybody’s working for the weekend.”
That said, if the weekend is so awesome, why don’t we have better ways of talking about it? “Have a great weekend” is undoubtedly one of the most commonly used phrases in the English language (along with “have a great day”). There’s hardly any variation on this Friday afternoon sendoff, unless you count substitutions of the word “great” with “nice” or “wonderful.”
Let’s fix that. The following list contains a whole bunch of ways to wish people a happy weekend without leaning on the same-old tired expression. We’ve divided them up into different sections so you can find the right wording for the occasion.
Here are some upbeat ways to wish people a happy weekend.
- Whether you’re down to party or just relax, enjoy your weekend to the max!
- Wishing you a good morning, a happy Friday, and a wonderful weekend ahead!
- Wishing you a wacky wild wonderful weekend!
- Hope your weekend is as exciting as you want it to be – no more, no less.
- Smile – the weekend is here! Hope you enjoy it!
- Hope you find some time to party hard and take it easy this weekend. See you on Monday.
- Just wanted to let you know I’m thinking about you and hope you have the wonderful, relaxing weekend you deserve!
- Hope your weekend is full of fun and free of worry. See you on Monday!
- Hope you have a perfect weekend of exciting nights and relaxing days!
- Have a fun-tastic weekend!
Making someone smile is a fantastic way to get their weekend started right.
- Hello, weekend! Took you long enough to get here!
- Ding dong, the workweek is dead! Have a wonderful weekend!
- Happy weekend! I hope a couple of days off somehow make up for five days of soul-crushing drudgery.
- Hope your weekend is full of fun and relaxation, with nary a thought of what awaits you back at work on Monday.
- It’s been a long week! Now enjoy your weekend and try not to think about the fact that it’s going to be over before you know it!
- The weekend is here and it’s time to go crazy. And by “go crazy,” I mean do absolutely nothing for two days.
- Enjoy your weekend like there’s no tomorrow – or rather, no Monday.
- I was in a weakened state. Now I’m in a weekend state. Hope you’re as stoked as I am to have a couple of days off.
- Good luck avoiding responsibilities this weekend!
- Have a great weekend of not getting bossed around – and that’s an order!
When communicating with coworkers or clients, consider striking a more formal tone when wishing them a happy weekend.
- I appreciate you and hope you have an amazing weekend.
- Hope you get plenty of time to relax, unwind, and recharge this weekend. You certainly deserve it after all the hard work you put in this week.
- I hope you enjoy your weekend as much as I enjoyed working with you this week.
- Thank you for your business and have a wonderful weekend.
- Hope the weekend leaves you relaxed and invigorated. Enjoy your free time.
Here are some weekend wishes for a group of people.
- Happy weekend, everybody! Hope you have as much fun as is legally possible!
- Have a great weekend, everyone! Hope you all have time to take a walk, see a movie, spend time with family, or whatever it is you love to do.
- I need to ask everyone a favor. Could you please all have a wonderful weekend for me?
- Just wanted to wish a wonderful weekend to all my wonderful friends!
- Wishing you all a happy weekend that’s heavy on fun and light on chores!
The only thing better than a weekend is a long weekend.
- Hope your long weekend isn’t short on fun! Enjoy the break!
- Happy long weekend! Hope you make the most of the extra time off!
- Even long weekends are too short, so enjoy it while it lasts!
- The long weekend we’ve all been longing for is finally here. Have a great one!
- Happy long weekend to my long-time friend!
Finally, here are some messages specifically for a holiday weekend. For more ideas, you might want to check out our holiday wording ideas.
- Hope the long holiday weekend gives you plenty to celebrate!
- Whether you’re traveling or just enjoying time at home, I hope you have a safe and happy holiday weekend!
- Enjoy the holiday and the long weekend. A little R & R is long overdue.
- Happy holiday weekend! Hope the extra time off treats you right!
- Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday weekend. Enjoy your time together.
- 50 Extra-Merry Christmas Wishes For a Special Niece - November 20, 2023
- 50 Sparkling Ways to Wish People a Happy December - November 5, 2023
- Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas! 50 Glittery Greetings - October 30, 2023