Believe it or not, Halloween isn’t the only candy coated holiday in October. While not everyone celebrates it – or even knows it exists – Sweetest Day offers another opportunity to pass out sweets. But in this case, it’s all in the name of love.
Falling each year on the third Saturday in October, Sweetest Day is a sort of fun-sized Valentine’s Day. It’s celebrated by giving gifts of candy to your sweetheart and other important people in your life. The holiday was founded in 1921 by – surprise, surprise – a group of confectioners.
Given that history, it’s easy to understand why some people dismiss Sweetest Day as a made up holiday. However, in many parts of the country – particularly the Midwest – Sweetest Day is a real thing. And besides, can you really have too many holidays celebrating love (and candy)?
Here are some ideas on how you can send your love on Sweetest Day, whether it’s to a friend, family member, or romantic partner. These Sweetest Day greetings are perfect for attaching to a gift of goodies, or simply sharing online.
Here are some Sweetest Day messages for a husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend, or whatever you call your sweetheart.
- Happy Sweetest Day! It may not be a real holiday, but my love for you is very real.
- Happy Sweetest Day to someone who makes every day extra sweet.
- I don’t know what Sweetest Day is all about – I just know that the name makes me think of you. Happy Sweetest Day to my sweetheart!
- Happy Sweetest Day to my amazing husband. You are the cutest, kindest, and yes, sweetest guy ever.
- With you by my side, life is sweet. Happy Sweetest Day, baby!
- Happy Sweetest Day to someone who is always the sweetest part of my day.
- I just found out that today is Sweetest Day. Why didn’t you tell me there was a holiday dedicated to you? Happy Sweetest Day, my love!
- Happy Sweetest Day! It may not be the most popular holiday, but I’ll take any opportunity to tell you how much I love you.
- Happy Sweetest Day to my favorite piece of eye candy!
- Happy Sweetest Day to my sweetest.
Here are some platonic Sweetest Day greetings for friends and family members.
- I wouldn’t trade you for all the candy in Willy Wonka’s factory. Happy Sweetest Day!
- Happy Sweetest Day to the sweetest friend I could ever ask for.
- Wishing the best Sweetest Day ever to the sweetest best friend ever.
- Friends like you make life sweeter. Happy Sweetest Day!
- Happy Sweetest Day to all my family and friends. This day is about you, because you are truly the sweetest.
Finally, here are a few Sweetest Day messages to attach to a gift. For more ideas along these lines, check out these candy bar sayings.
- Today is Sweetest Day. Because we could all use another excuse to eat more chocolate.
- Here’s a little something to make your Sweetest Day just a little bit sweeter.
- Today is Sweetest Day, which means I get to shower the people I love with goodies. Enjoy!
- A sweet treat for a sweet person. Happy Sweetest Day!
- Here’s something sweet for somebody sweet. Happy Sweetest Day!