How did Easter come to be symbolized by an anthropomorphic rabbit who delivers colored eggs and candy to greedy children? Like many holiday traditions, it can’t be fully explained without delving into centuries of folklore. But one quick way to understand it is that rabbits, being prolific breeders, represent the fertility of spring.
They certainly provide fertile ground for jokes and wordplay. If you enjoy puns that make other people pull their hare out, Easter is the holiday for you. And so is the following list of the best bunny puns, jokes, and assorted sayings.
Riddles and One-Liners
Here are some rabbit puns in the form of jokes – really, really bad jokes. If you carrot all about cheesy humor, these will surely tickle your bunny bone.
- How do you locate the Easter Bunny’s burrow on a map?
Eggs marks the spot!
- What do you call it when the Easter Bunny forgets to color his eggs until the night before Easter?
A do-or-dye situation.
- How do rabbit owners greet their pets after work?
By shouting, “Bunny, I’m home!”
- What did the rabbit owner do when his house caught fire?
He got his buns out of there.
- What kind of shoes does the Easter Bunny wear?
- Did you know the Easter Bunny has a brother named Stewart?
They call him Rabbit Stu.
- Did you know the Easter Bunny has a favorite egg?
He calls her Shelly.
- What do you use to keep a rabbit from moving?
- Did you know the Easter Bunny drinks beer?
He does it for the hops.
- Why did the Easter Bunny start wearing a hat?
To hide his receding hare-line.
- How does the Easter Bunny know which eggs are good and which eggs are bad?
- How does the Easter Bunny spend a night on the town?
He goes bar hopping!
- How did the reporter break the story of the big Easter scandal?
She followed the bunny.
- Did you hear about the bunny who refused to leave her burrow?
She was having a bad hare day.
- What’s the Easter Bunny’s favorite type of music?
- What do you do if a rabbit keeps pooping in your yard?
Take him to a pellet court.
- How do you catch a unique bunny?
Unique up on it.
- How do you catch a tame bunny?
- What happened when the Easter Bunny raced the Tooth Fairy?
He won by a whisker.
- How does the Easter Bunny always keep from being captured?
He has a good eggs-it plan.
- Why did the Easter Bunny get picked on in high school?
He was an egghead.
- How did the Easter Bunny feel when he spilled his basket of goodies?
He was hopping mad.
- Did you hear about the woman who complained about her rabbit stew?
She said there was a hare in her soup.
- How do you know you’ve been visited by a satanic bunny?
He leaves deviled eggs.
- Where does the Easter Bunny go for breakfast?
- Some people think the Easter Bunny is real, while others believe it’s just a tall tail.
- How are rabbits and calculators alike?
They both multiply quickly.
- Where do rabbits shop when they’re stocking up their burrows?
- What do you call a rabbit housekeeper?
A dust bunny.
- Did you hear that the Easter Bunny was having trouble with his eyes?
He had to go to the hop-tometrist.
- What do you call a bunny who was raised in a hotel?
An inn-grown hare.
- Why does the Easter Bunny always take the same route when delivering baskets?
Because he’s a creature of rabbit.
- What kind of ring did the bunny groom buy for the bunny bride?
14 carrot gold.
- Where did the bunny groom and bunny bride go after their wedding?
On a bunnymoon.
- What did the bunny groom and bunny bride do after their bunnymoon?
They lived hoppily ever after.
Want a cute way to say Happy Easter? Harness the power of these Easter bunny puns.
- Hoppy Easter to some-bunny special!
- When it comes to delivering sweetness, the Easter Bunny’s got nothin’ on you!
- Happy Easter, my little honey bunny!
- Have an egg-Cellent Easter and a hoppin’ good Spring!
- Sending you warm Easter wishes… by hare-mail!
- Wishing you a hoppin’ good Easter! Hope this message puts a little spring in your step!
- Spring is hare today, gone tomorrow! Have a very Hoppy Easter!
- You can always count on Easter Sunday being a good hare day!
- Ears hoping you have a very Hoppy Easter!
- Some-bunny is thinking of you this Easter!
Need to find a perfectly punny Easter caption for social media? Hop to it with these short bunny puns.
- Get your bunny for nothing and your chicks for free.
- I’m in my hoppy place.
- I’m such a basket case.
- In my eggs-pert opinion, it’s going to be a great Easter.
- Shake your bunny maker.
- Don’t furry, be hoppy.
- Easter is coming, and I’m hare for it.
- If any bunny wants to talk, I’m all ears.
- Drop it while it’s hop.
- Easter hare, don’t carrot all.
- I’m egg-cited about Easter, and that’s no yolk.
- I find Easter ear-resistible.
- Ears to all my friends.
- I’m having a bad hare day.
- Just playin’ it by ear.
- Here’s the bunny shot.
- I need a hare-cut so bad, it’s not even bunny.
- Any bunny else feeling egg-cited for Easter?