Witches have come a long way. In the past, to be identified as a witch meant being feared, despised, and persecuted. Today, people dress as witches each October without the slightest fear of being burned at the stake. In fact, an increasing number of people make witchcraft a year-round lifestyle.
The mystique of witches, combined with their long and unique history, make for some enchanting wordplay. With a little eye of newt and toe of frog (plus a few other witchy things), we’ve brewed up the following concoction of witch puns. They’re perfect for Halloween greetings, social media captions, or whenever you simply need a good cackle.
Here are some hex-amples of witch puns in the form of riddles.
Bewitcha in a minute!
She couldn’t drive a stick!
No one could tell witch was witch!
Violators will be toad!
Come sit for a spell!
A late broomer!
They might fly off the handle!
He married her for better and for warts!
So they can make a clean getaway!
She bristled at the suggestion!
She failed her spelling test!
It was all witchful thinking!
They’re called lights witches!
It was written in curse-ive!
She had a fainting spell!
No, she needs a witch craft for that!
A sand witch!
Here are some short witch puns that are perfect for Halloween captions, crafts, and the like. For more ideas, see our list of Halloween phrases.
- Hope your Halloween is hex-tra special.
- Looking brew-tiful.
- Resting witch face.
- Look what the black cat dragged in.
- Here I am, warts and all.
- Witching you a Happy Halloween!
- Basic witch.
- Snap, cackle, and pop.
- [Text Message] Just thought I’d send you a hexed message.
- Have a magical Halloween.
For more monstrously bad puns, check out our articles on skeletons, ghosts, and vampires.
- 50+ Happy Mother’s Day Wishes For a Wonderful Mom - May 10, 2023
- A Mom-umental List of Mother’s Day Puns - May 4, 2023
- 40 Ways to Say Happy Mother’s Day to Your Mother-In-Law - April 25, 2023