You can do anything with pasta: serve it as a side dish, use it as a main dish, top it with tomato sauce, toss it with alfredo sauce, boil it, bake it, saute it, you name it.
You can even make puns with it. For this article, we’re cooking up a savory helping of pasta puns featuring such favorites as spaghetti, lasagna, ravioli, penne, and more. Because pasta comes in so many different forms and goes by so many colorful names, we have more than enough ingredients for some seriously silly wordplay.
Here are some pasta puns that pair nicely with a picture caption, social media post, or marketing piece.
- This dish is so good, it’s pre-pasta-rous.
- I’m feeling a little saucy today.
- Life is about exploring pasta-bilities.
- This meal is, like, tortellini awesome.
- [Pesto] This is my idea of going green.
- I’m recording this for pasta-terity.
- Pasta la vista, baby.
- Come and spaghet it.
- [Spaghetti and meatballs] I’m having a ball.
Gifts and Greetings
These punny sayings are the perfect garnish for a pasta-related gift, whether it’s a hand-delivered dish or a gift card to an Italian eatery.
- Penne for your thoughts.
- You’re pasta-tively awesome.
- I cannoli shake my head and marvel at how fantastic you are.
- Hope you gnocchi how wonderful you are.
- [Olive Garden] Just a little something to show you how much olive you.
- Like unrinsed spaghetti noodles, good friends stick together.
- Grab a knife – it’s time to cut some carbs.
- Sorry this gift is pasta due.
No list of pasta puns could be complete without a generous sprinkling of riddles. Say when…
- What do you call someone who impersonates a pasta chef?
- What type of dish does an impasta make?
- Did you hear that Sally ate three bowls of spaghetti?
No, but I wouldn’t put it pasta!
- What do you get when you make a dish with marinara and alfredo sauce?
The best of both pasta-bowl worlds!
- Why didn’t the ravioli get invited to hang out with the cool pastas?
Because he was a little square!
- Did you hear about the pasta maker who followed in his father’s footsteps?
It just goes to show that the apple doesn’t farfalle from the tree!
- What do you call it when someone cries because their spaghetti is vegetarian?
A meat bawl!
- How did the police solve the case of the stolen marinara sauce?
They caught the theif red-handed!
- What type of pasta do they serve at the haunted house?
- Should Ric make the chicken parmigiana?
No, ricotta make the lasagna!
- What do you call a plate of spaghetti that looks like blood and guts?
- What kind of pasta sticks to everything?
- How small is the smallest type of pasta?
It’s about a centimeter orzo!
- What kind of pasta does the pope eat?
As you can see, when it comes to pasta puns, the pasta-bilities are practically neverending. If you’ve had your fill of this particular flavor of Italian food pun, check out these pizza puns.