What is it about cupcakes that gives them such a beloved place in the pantheon of sweets? Maybe it’s the fact that they’re individually sized (no need to share). Or perhaps it’s their perfect frosting-to-cake ratio. Or it could be the creativity that goes into decorating them.
Or maybe we’re overthinking this. Maybe it’s all about the sprinkles.
Whatever it is, cupcakes are undeniably awesome. To celebrate that awesomeness, we’ve put together the following list of clever cupcake puns. These bite-sized sayings come in a variety of forms and flavors, just like those delectable goodies we all love.
Note: For more culinary kookiness, see our list of cheesy pizza puns.
To start, here are some scrumptious cupcake puns in the form of riddles.
- What do you call a group of people organized to decorate cupcakes?
A sprinkler system!
- Why did the baker throw out a batch of cupcakes?
They didn’t pan out!
- Did you hear about the schoolboy who got a dry cupcake in his lunchbox?
He had a crummy day!
- Why did the girl insist on slicing her cupcake right down the middle?
She wanted to halve her cupcake and eat it too!
- Why did the football coach throw a cupcake at the opposing team’s player?
He was icing the kicker!
- What kind of treats should you serve at a dog’s birthday party?
- What kind of treats should you serve at a bear’s birthday party?
- What’s the best way to thank a baker for making you cupcakes?
Send them flours!
- Ever notice that the cupcakes on display always look better than the ones you get from the baker?
You might say it’s a bake-and-switch!
- What do you call a dozen cupcakes that taste absolutely divine?
A batch made in heaven!
- How do you add chocolate filling to cupcakes?
Just keep going until they’re choc-full!
Here are some cupcake puns that are short – perfect for social media captions and the like.
- A cupcake without icing is good for muffin.
- The forecast calls for sprinkles.
- Let them eat cupcakes.
- After a great day, a treat is just the icing on the (cup) cake.
- I sing, you sing, we all sing for icing!
- Making delicious treats is a piece of cake.
- My cup (cake) runneth over.
- Go ahead, bake my day.
- I’m in my cups.
- Well, doesn’t this just take the cake?
Who wouldn’t love to receive a cupcake (or 12) as a gift? Whether it’s for a special occasion like a birthday, or just because, here are some punny sayings you can attach to such a delicious present.
- Just wanted to sprinkle your day with a little sweetness.
- When it comes to being an awesome person, you take the (cup) cake!
- Hope this bakes your day!
- A little something for your cake hole.
- Thanks for being such a sweet person.
- Whenever I talk about you, I sing your praises. Get it? Icing!
- Knowing you is such a treat.
- Don’t say I never did muffin for ya.
If you liked this list of goofy cupcake sayings, you might want to top it off with a tasty scoop of ice cream puns.