Puns make great birthday gifts. Everyone can afford them (seeing as how they’re free). They bring joy to many. And unlike the birthday girl or boy, they never get old.
With that in mind, here are some lighthearted happy birthday puns to share with a spouse, friend, family member, or other special person in your life. If you like puns, we think you’ll agree that these sayings really take the (birthday) cake.
To start off, here are some wild birthday puns featuring animals.
- Getting older blows. But don’t let that stop you from having a whale of a time on your birthday!
- Hope your birthday is the bee’s knees, even if turning a year older stings a bit.
- An eager beaver told me how old you’re going to be, and all I could think was… dam.
- You’re no spring chicken, but you still rule the roost. Hope your birthday is clucking awesome.
- The cat’s out of the bag – you’re one year older. Hope your birthday leaves you feline good.
- Have a purr-fect birthday.
- I heard some-bunny was turning [age]. Happy birthday!
- Dogs age seven times faster than humans. And you think you have it ruff!
- You are o-fish-ally old. Hope your birthday goes swimmingly anyway.
- Holy cow, you’re how old? I’m udder-ly amazed.
- I herd your birthday is coming up. Hope you party ’till the cows come home.
- Hay there… don’t go horsing around too much on your birthday. After all, you’re pasture prime.
- Have a howling good time on your birthday, but don’t wolf down your cake too fast.
- It’s okay to pig out and go a little hog wild on your birthday.
Here are some delectably silly ways to wish someone a Happy Birthday using food puns.
- Just thought I’d pop in with a corny birthday wish.
- Can we taco ’bout how we’re going to shell-ebrate your birthday?
- Happy beer-thday. Hope your big day is nothing short of brew-tiful.
- Life is a bowl of cherries, and getting older is just the pits. Hope your birthday is fruitful.
- Nothing holds a candle to you. Except, of course, your birthday cake, which holds a whole bunch of them.
- Since you don’t drink, I just wanted to say… Happy Birthday, sweet tea!
- Break out the wine, because I have a feeling your birthday is going to be a real corker.
- I donut want to glaze over the fact that your birthday is coming up. Hope you have a hole lot of fun!
- No matter how you slice it… you really take the cake. Happy Birthday to a true friend.
More Punny Birthday Wishes
Looking for more punny birthday wishes? Here’s the best of the rest.
- Another birthday? This is getting old. Just kidding! Hope your birthday is amazing!
- There’s nothing better than presents from friends and family on your birthday, unless it’s the presence of friends and family on your birthday.
- It’s a sad fact that the older you get, the more your birthday suit needs to be pressed. Hope you don’t have any pressing concerns on your birthday.
- I know getting older is no piece of cake, but try not to think about that when you’re blowing out your birthday candles. Enjoy every last bite.
- It’s time to blow up the balloons and blow out the candles. Otherwise, I hope your birthday doesn’t blow.
- Happy Birthday, Queen. Hope you get royally trashed.
- Your future is bright… just like your birthday cake with all those candles lit up. Happy Birthday!
Finally, here are some punny birthday riddles.
- What do you say to a female sheep on her birthday?
Happy Birthday to ewe!
- What do you call it when you give a child a training toilet for her birthday?
A surprise potty!
- Why don’t owls exchange birthday gifts?
They don’t give a hoot!
- Why do people write on birthday cakes?
Because everyone wants to have their cake and read it too!
- What type of birthday cake did Peter Pan get?
- What kind of birthday cake do you serve to a fan of Stranger Things?
An upside-down cake!
- What do you say to a Mexican sheep on his birthday?
- What do you say to a tree on its birthday?
- Did you hear about the birthday boy who swung his bat 100 times before finally hitting the piñata?
He really busted his ass!