“I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream.” That punny old saying dates back to 1927, and remains more or less true today. Most of us do scream for ice cream, especially if the ice cream truck is trundling past with no sign of stopping.
While nearly everyone loves ice cream, punsters have reason to love it more than most. That’s because ice cream is a delicious target for all sorts of clever wordplay. Here’s a list of ice cream puns that covers the possibilities six ways to sundae.
- What kind of ice cream do pigs like best?
- I was going to have fruit with my ice cream, but the banana split.
- How does Dairy Queen train its employees?
It sends them to sundae school!
- When it comes to dieting, I’m my cone worst enemy.
- What did the Texan say every time he ordered apple pie at a restaurant?
Remember the à la mode!
- Why didn’t the ice cream sandwich like the popsicle?
Because the popsicle had a stick up her butt!
- Did you hear that someone stole from a national ice cream chain?
It was a Baskin Robbin’!
- What’s the best band to listen to while eating ice cream?
- Did you hear about the ice cream truck that crashed?
The driver blamed it on the Rocky Road!
- What did the reporter say when he learned about the ice cream truck accident?
What a scoop!
- Where’s the best place to get ice cream when you have the munchies?
Cold Stoned Creamery!
- What flavor of ice cream do deer go for?
Chocolate chip cookie doe!
- What do you call that feeling of regret when you eat too much ice cream?
- I got brain freeze from eating ice cream. In fact, it was so bad, I ended up with a cone-cussion.
- Livin’ the cream.
- The forecast is creamy with a chance of sprinkles.
- What do you call an ice cream cone with a surprise flavor in the bottom?
A twist cone!
- Why does the ice cream man go so slow?
Because he’s a sundae driver!
- Did you hear they passed a law banning ice cream?
Don’t worry, it was ruled un-cone-stitutional!
- When you fight over the last container of ice cream in the freezer, you might say it’s a pint of contention.
- Did you hear there’s a new brand of ice cream for canines?
It’s called Haagen Dogz!
- Ice cream is the coolest.
- What brand of ice cream do chickens like?
Hen and Jerry’s!
- A melty ice cream cone is a problem, but I’m sure I can lick it.
- Why settle for a gel-little-o when you can have a gelato?
- What did the popsicle say to his sonsicle?
Stick with me, kid!
- I couldn’t decide what to order at the ice cream shop, so they gave me a waffle cone.