Corn is everywhere. It’s on the dinner table, at the movie theater, and served up in one form or another in just about every country in the world. It’s also a major food source for livestock – in other words, it’s a food that feeds our food.
All of that makes corn good fodder for puns. In fact, of all the vegetables, it provides by far the most opportunities for corny wordplay. Taking advantage of this, we put together a list of corn puns that will truly shuck and a-maize you.
- Should you eat corn that has fallen off the stalk?
- Did you hear about the farm dog who liked to strip ears of corn?
He was part husky!
- I didn’t have a map of the corn maze, so I had to play it by ear.
- What did the farmer say when someone complimented him on his corn harvest?
- How did the corn farmer get to be so successful?
He corn-ered the market!
- What do you call a single, solitary kernel of corn?
- This might sound corny, but I think you’re a-maize-ing.
- What did the baby corn call his dad?
- Some people say popcorn is hard to chew. There’s a kernel of truth to that.
- Why did the corn stalks hold a ceremony in honor of the scarecrow?
To corn-gratulate him for being out standing in their field!
- Who is the corniest baseball player of all time?
- What did the cornfield say when it heard rain coming?
That’s music to my ears!
- Did you know there’s an app for corn growers?
It’s made in Sili-corn Valley!
- Be careful what you say in a corn maze. The walls have ears.
- What happened to the football team that practiced in a corn field?
They got creamed!
- What do you call someone who’s crazy about corn?
- What did the boy say when his mom made him prepare the corn for supper?
- How do you make sweet corn?
You whisper sweet nothings in its ear!
- What kind of party is held in a cornfield?
- What did the mama corn say to her plump son?
You’re not fat – you’re just a little husky!
- Plain popcorn? You can do butter than that.
- Did you hear about the corn stalk that changed careers?
He went into a different field!
- Shucking takes lots of corn-centration.
- What do you call a pair of cornstalks that are best friends?
- This corn is a little rough to the touch. Looks like a job for Kernel Sanders.
- Why shouldn’t you take corn on an airplane?
Your ears will pop!
- What happens if you swallow a whole corn cob?
You get corn-stipated!
- When is a vegetable also a nut?
When it’s a corn!
- In the corn maze, I felt like I was being stalked. It was earie.
- Why do farmers make terrible comedians?
Their jokes are corny!