Can’t wait to wish all your friends a Happy Cinco de Mayo? First, make sure you know what you’re talking about.
Depending on who you ask, Cinco de Mayo is either an important celebration of Mexican heritage or a glorified Taco Tuesday. What it is not is Mexican Independence Day (which is September 16). In fact, Cinco de Mayo isn’t even widely celebrated in Mexico.
With that out of the way, here are some clever Cinco de Mayo greetings you can share with your friends. These messages come in a variety of styles, but most reflect the lighthearted nature of the holiday as it’s celebrated in the United States. They go down especially well when paired with a jumbo margarita and some nachos (but then, what doesn’t?).
Note: Hosting a party this Cinco de Mayo? If so, you’ll definitely want to check out these invitation wording ideas.
Here are some Cinco de Mayo wishes you can share with just about anyone.
- Wishing a colorful, fun, and festive Cinco de Mayo to all my amigos!
Here are some silly and irreverent Cinco de Mayo messages. For more ideas along these lines, see this list of funny Cinco de Mayo sayings. For more drinking humor, check out this list of alcohol puns.
- Today is nacho ordinary Taco Tuesday. Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Here are some Cinco de Mayo greetings spiced up with some Spanish language expressions. Just keep in mind that not all people of Mexican origin – much less all Spanish-speaking people – celebrate this holiday.
- Happy Cinco de Mayo, everyone! Don’t let the cerveza go to your cabeza!
Happy Cinco de Mayo Birthday
Finally, here are a few messages for someone whose birthday falls on May 5.
- Holy Guacamole! It’s your birthday and Cinco de Mayo? Have a doubly festive day!
- 50 Extra-Merry Christmas Wishes For a Special Niece - November 20, 2023
- 50 Sparkling Ways to Wish People a Happy December - November 5, 2023
- Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas! 50 Glittery Greetings - October 30, 2023