When you think of October, a certain spooky holiday comes to mind. But October is about more than jack o’ lanterns and candy. It’s also the first full month of fall, with cooler temperatures, longer nights, delicious fruits and vegetables, and beautiful autumnal colors.
Oh, and there’s pumpkin spice. Lots and lots of pumpkin spice.
In short, October is pretty awesome in its own right. Even if you’re not one of those people who eagerly counts down the days until the 31st, you can find something to love about this unique time of year.
To help you celebrate the season, we’ve put together the following list of October greetings to share with friends. Like freshly harvested produce, they come in a variety of flavors, so you can pick the one that fits your tastes.
Here are some fun and heartfelt messages to wish people a Happy October.
- It’s officially October. Let the countdown to Halloween begin.
- Crisp, cool air and color everywhere… October is my kind of month!
- Wishing you an amazing October and a fabulous fall.
- Happy Fall, y’all! Hope October treats you right!
- It’s time to FALL in love with October all over again!
- Apples, caramel, and pumpkin spice… hope your October is extra-nice!
- The heat of summer is done, and the chill of winter hasn’t yet begun. It must be October!
- Happy October, Pumpkin!
- It’s the most spook-tacular time of the year. Happy October!
- Break out the warm socks and hot apple cider… October is here!
- Happy Fall! Happy October! And best of all, Happy Halloween!
- Welcome to October, guys. For my money, it’s the best month of the year. Hope it treats you kindly.
- Enjoy these precious days of October. Winter is just around the corner!
- May your days be as vibrant as the autumn colors. Happy October!
- Happy October to all my friends! Hope this cooler weather has you feeling frisky!
- The air is crisp, the colors are beautiful, and Halloween is just around the corner. Happy October!
Here are some silly October greetings. If you like these, don’t leaf without also checking out our list of fall puns.
- Happy October to all of my fellow Halloween junkies!
- It’s finally October, which means I can put out my Halloween decorations without being judged.
- Happy October, people. Get ready for pumpkin spiced… everything.
- Happy October, everyone! The scariest thing about this month isn’t the holiday at the end of it, but the weather that comes after it!
- The longer nights and cooler air make October a great month for sleeping. Wake me when it’s Halloween, guys.
- It’s October! As if I needed an excuse to eat candy and watch horror movies.
- Now that it’s October, we can all buy bags of candy and “accidentally” eat it all well before Halloween.
- Happy October! Anyone who mentions Christmas before the end of the month will be immediately blocked.
- Can it stay October forever? Just asking.
Finally, here are a handful of famous sayings about the month of October. For Halloween-specific quotes, see this article.
- “The end of the summer is not the end of the world. Here’s to October…”
- “October is the opal month of the year. It is the month of glory, of ripeness. It is the picture-month.”
Henry Ward Beecher
- “October is crisp days and cool nights, a time to curl up around the dancing flames and sink into a good book.”
- “October is a symphony of permanence and change.”
Bonaro W. Overstreet
- “I wish that every day was Saturday and every month was October.”
Charmaine J. Forde
- “My favorite color is October.”